I bought a small wedding dress on purpose :-)

Options
uzovka
uzovka Posts: 19 Member
So I just ordered a lovely wedding dress. It will be made for me using measurements from when I was smaller. I'm hoping, of course, that it will make me start controlling my eating... Was that a stupid idea?
Good luck to me and all of you too! :-)

Replies

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose and how long you have to do it!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wedding!

Was it a stupid idea? depends - how much smaller? When's the wedding? How much do you need to lose to fit it? Do you have a back up plan for alterations if you don't achieve what you plan?

it can be a great motivation, but it can also be a source of massive stress and a gateway to unsustainable and extreme methods to lose weight in time.

• purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding.
    When is the wedding, and how much do you need to lose?
    I ordered a size down in my dress - as was in the process of losing weight , however I wish I didn't. So much stress and pressure to get down the size and you have to be 100% dedicated.
  • prairieprana
    prairieprana Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not a dumb idea! I did that for my wedding- I bought my dress too small and by the time I got to my 1st fitting (8 months later) I had to have 4 inches taken in everywhere; it's a doable goal if you stick to it :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How much are we talking and in how much time?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    OP, you can do this!!
  • april_69xx
    april_69xx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did this too :) I bought it in Oct 2013 and it did fit... but there was a lot of bulging out the top. By August 2014 i wore it down the aisle and there was NO back fat in any of my pictures LOL. It was a huge motivator for me.
  • uzovka
    uzovka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have until March, so enough time, but I want to take it slow this time. Hoping this way I'll actually stick with it. It needs to be atleast 5kg (11 lbs?) but ideally more. I would happily have it make smaller :-) It might not sounds as much to many, but in the past I straggled even with that little.