I'm making a change - because I MUST!

Options
Hey everyone.

First off... I want to thank the creator of www.myfitnesspal.com for creating this amazing site and the phone app. It has really helped me achieve my goal of weight loss. I'll start off by saying that I've been overweight my whole life. Not because I ate fast foods or lots of deserts, but because I NEVER exercised and ate more than I should have. I've tried to watch what I eat and joined several gyms over the years. I think that helped me from being excevisly overweight but overweight is overweight. I reached my breaking point at 240lbs. now that doesn't seam like alot to most but it was for me. i hated looking at my self in the mirror. I hated being tired all the time. I hated buying larger size clothes. I hated when people made comments about my belly.

Last month I decided it was time to make a change. It was time to lose weight and build up my strength and fix my bad back. I knew i couldn't do it alone and so I hired a personal trainer. Four weeks into it I must say it was one of the best decisions i have ever made. He comes to my home 3 times a week for 1 hour at a time. The first session was devoted to talking about my nutrition. He gave me a list of foods i should be eating and told me to journal my meals. He told me to eat every 2-3 hours. I was like "WHAT"? That was the most shocking. He said to purchase meal bars but not the famous brands you see on TV. He gave me a list of a few and I must say - they actually taste pretty good. He said to eat breakfast, a snack bar, lunch, another snack bar, dinner and the last snack. I don't think i've ever eaten so much. I'm never hungry. oh, and he also took me to a vitamin store and told me to purchase a multi-vitamin and glucosamine (helps your joints).

That was the easy part. The exercise is not. ;-) but i must say... its getting easier. the first week was the hardest. he changes it up all the time and i never know what to expect. surprisingly though, I now actually look forward to it. and now that the weather is nice - he's training me outdoors - training outdoors makes a HUGE difference. It's actually fun.

So this is my adventure. So far I've lost 14lbs but i'm also stronger and can actually do push ups! (i couldn't do any the first day). I've been eating much better and I've been filling out myfitnesspalcom journal daily. My next goal is to try to write more about progress. It actually helps mentally.

Thanks for reading this. I hope it inspires you.

Joe

P.S. - I setup a youtube.com account with a few before & after videos of other peoples progress. They are also very inspiring. http://www.youtube.com/user/jpuccio390 - check it out.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 14lb weight loss!

Keep it up - don't give up no matter what!

You can do this! :)
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    wow u sound like our really going in the right direction!!! way to go!
  • simplysarahd
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Your post was very inspiring. :smile:
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Great job! My highest was 240ish after having my 2nd kid. I've been on here for almost a month and I've lost 15 pounds!
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss thus far! Keep up the good work, it sounds like you have a great plan in motion!
  • curtisjcc
    curtisjcc Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes My fitness pal is a wonderful site. It took me 8 months to learn what I can eat in a day to fill in my goals. I too did not watch what I was eating and gained steadly for years. I now see a lost each day. I know that it took years to put on so my goals are years away. Now I think I have the tools to reach them. Keep up the good work.
  • Va_lady32
    Va_lady32 Posts: 27
    Options
    What you have done so far is great ! A personal trainer is intimidating for me but look at you. keep it up!
  • LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options
    What a great story! Thanks for sharing it......you never know what can inspire others! You've inspired many today with this post I'm sure. I hope you will keep pushing yourself and inspiring others with your sucess!

Lora
  • beau8
    beau8 Posts: 20
    Options
    Congratulations on your 14lbs weight loss that is amazing well done!
  • jpuccio390
    Options
    Tks guys for the comments... you all inspire me.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    GREAT FOR YOU!!!! Keep it up. Proud of ya!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!