Motivation and support needed, females only add me please

Options
My weight has gone up and down over the past few years, going from a size 6 to a size 12/14 now. I really want to lose this weight and get down to a healthier size but I'm finding it so hard to resist temptations and get the motivation and confidence to go out and exercise! Any other ladies out there having the same problems? Please add me

Replies

• annoushkapurdy
    annoushkapurdy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat
  • lcnoel13
    lcnoel13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 70lbs to lose and having a tough time with motivation. My problem is I am a stress eater and my job REALLY stresses me!!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I was in your boat a few years back when I started a desk job and the pounds really packed on, 20 in about 4 months. So, I joined a gym, started going to classes and making friends. I got a trainer for a few sessions to get a plan mapped out and my eating under control.
    You can do this!! Once you figure out what it takes to get health you'll be addicted to that feeling. I still eat well, run and work out but I don't stress over the scale. I got down to a size 4/6 and that is motivation enough for me to keep it going. I don't want to have to buy any more new clothes :)
    Best of luck!! you can do it!!!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    i am so in the same boat. I think I sabotage myself especially when i start doing really well. I have no will power for some things and I try to keep them out of my house but then I find other things to substitute for what I really wanted in the first place. Exercise has never been a problem the problem is after i exercise I am so hungry that I overeat!!! I will add you maybe we can help each other stay on track!!!
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I hear you! It can be very tough, but once you get into a routine, it gets much easier. Feel free to add me!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Motivation is the hard bit at first but when you start to see results, it's a little bit easier - not all days mind you, but most :) my main piece of advice would be to take it a day at a time. focus on the first day, the first kg to lose, the first long walk, the first jog, etc. Don't look at all the road you have to go, but just focus on the first week and you will be able to do it :) good luck!
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • DeeReal23
    DeeReal23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problems that everyone seems to be having as well. I am not getting my results fast enough. I have to remind myself that habits take a while to break. I will be adding you because having a support group goes a long way. You helped me by posting this so thanks! :smile:
  • amberwildwood
    amberwildwood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow guys some great advice thank you! Just a tip i have found for anyone else who struggles to say no to unhealthy food - pickled onions (or anything pickled really) help soooo much especially to stop cravings! Trouble is i love them so much i can go through a whole jar in one go haha, better than a whole bar of chocolate though i guess?
  • lcnoel13
    lcnoel13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My unhealthy craving is chai lattes from Starbucks! I won't give it up!! Counter productive, I know... I'm just trying to cut way back!