water cleanse

Has anyone done a water cleanse or any type and has it worked what happened ???

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    edited November 2015
    Calling it a water cleanse is a polite way of saying starvation. Starving yourself for a week will do nothing but make you hungry, cranky, weak, light-headed and feel like crap. Really truly honestly, there is NO good to come of it and it can even be quite dangerous.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Please don't attempt this. All this is is a severe drop in calories and anyone that does it will lose weight. But depriving your body of nutrients it NEEDS daily, isn't the way you want to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Not tried a water cleanse sounds like an awful idea
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Are you asking about
    1. The one where you go without food and only drink water?
    Or
    2. The one where you eat like you normally do, but you just cut out all the drinks other than water, and make yourself drink water all day long?

I have done the second option recently, but I did not know it was a detox at the time. I moved and needed to save money so I cut out all drinks other than water. I ate as much as I typically do. It worked, I saved the money I wanted to. I was not sure how much my electric bill was going to be, but I knew how much turning it on just cost me so I decided to leave some things out of my shopping for a bit.

With the 2nd option I
    Saved the money I wanted to save
    Lost weight while doing this
    Had to go to the bathroom all the time (annoying)
    Felt restricted at first
    Was not as hungry as often so food lasted longer