What you have for breakfast?

Options
I am looking to change breakfast from my normal cereal. Would you mind sharing what you had/have pictures would be great. Thanks

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    No pics, sorry. This morning 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices of bacon, hash browns and toast. 503 calories
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt most mornings. This morning I had French toast. Sometimes I switch things up and have a couple of eggs on toast.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I do tea for breakfast, but hubby usually has 3 eggs with 300g of mixed veggies (usually mushrooms, peppers, and onions) topped with cheese and 3 pieces of thick-sliced bacon. Usually ends up 700-800 calories, around 12g net carbs and 45-50g protein.

I cook every morning, so I can take a pic tomorrow, if you like.
  • jgaffney86
    jgaffney86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This week I plan on having half cup dry oatmeal cooked ...mixed with Boston creme light yogurt and quarter of a cup of raspberries

I don't mind having the same thing for a bit...
  • canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ki4eld that would be appreciated. Thanks
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Normally I just have a protein bar. Sometimes I'll make a late breakfast of zoats (oats bulked up with shredded zucchini). These are a few of mine:

Pumpkin
    km6wufg0jqxr.jpg

Oreo and Powdered Peanut butter
    go2fskch3ijp.jpg

Chocolate Cherry Pie
    uxvtqp6zz4ti.jpg

• Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Half cup of cottage cheese, 6 red seedless grapes halved, tsp of orange honey.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Chex Gluten free plain original oatmeal with Pb2, one egg, applesauce, and some type of steamed vegetables.
  • pchrysta
    pchrysta Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just cooked up 8 eggs to make 6 breakfast burritos to have in the fridge, ready to go for the next few days. 3 for me and 3 for my husband.
    I only did eggs and cheese in mine (224 cals per burrito). Hubby has left over chicken fajita's with veggies in with his eggs.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Changes everyday. Today about a cup of cantoloupe, English muffin with crunchy pb, a scoop of quest pb protein blended with ice and almond milk.
  • juleea54
    juleea54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    steel cut oats w/blueberries
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't photograph my food and it's not always pretty, but I like fruit and granola. Sometimes I have eggs, cereal or whatever, but usually it's fruit and granola. :)
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado spread on toast with a little salt and pepper is yummy and satisfying! Can vary it with adding tomatoes or topping with poached egg.....I have pics but phone app doesn't show function to add photos....I will try and add from computer tmrw
  • justvclark
    justvclark Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of cold oats and coffee. You use equal parts milk and oats, add toppings, and keep in the fridge for 8 or more hours. I like them for busy weeks when I just have to grab something from the fridge and go. My favorite is cocoa, pb2, and banana. I add 1/2 tsp sugar, but I don't know if it would be necessary if I mashed the banana instead of slicing it. A couple tsp of no sugar added jam or fruit preserves and pb2 is pretty good too (like a PB and J). I wasn't crazy about pumpkin pecan, but my kid devoured them. I could always use ideas for different combinations or non-oat things to grab from the fridge and go in the morning.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    a deviled egg made with dijionnaise not mayo.
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Musli with fruit and milk. A little carb heavy, but good fibre. 600-700calories depending on the fruit.
    1/4 cup each of rolled oats and buckwheat, tablespoon each of chia and sunflower seeds, 2/3 cup milk, today I had a banana AND a small mango (indulgent, mmnn)
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I always have two eggs. When I either find veggies for a good price at the store, or have lots of garden veggies, I add those. Right now I am working through 5 gallons of bell peppers from my garden, lol. But if I don't have any veggies, have a piece of toast with the eggs.

I sauté the veggiesin a half teaspoon of olive oil, then add the eggs halfway through. If I am doing toast, I start the eggs, then warm the toast in the pan next to the eggs.

It's very filling, and I like getting in a serving of veggies first thing.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    His breakfast today... 3 large eggs, peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives, provolone cheese, 3 bacon, 1 keto crepe with a dab of maple syrup. 971 calories, 19g net carbs, 56 protein.

z0bsm69ea0cl.jpg
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    5.3oz of plain nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with 16g of peanut butter and 6g PB2. I top it with either peanuts/walnuts/diced pecans/sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds and have a portion of fruit and black coffee with it (typically 100-200g of an apple). Depending on the size of the apple, it's about 300-380 calories.

@arditarose:That pumpkin zoatmeal looks amazing. Would finely shredded carrots also work?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    aph6t1433bln.jpg

Really more like brunch/lunch for me, but that's when I "break my fast". Coffee and water in the mornings. Also, that is center cut bacon.