Pregnant and still logging - lf friends

Options
Hey everyone! Now that I am pregnant I am looking for others in the same boat as me. I would like to keep on top of logging but my hunger lately has me feeling ashamed when all my friends are in loss mode. Looking for some other ladies who want to keep up with logging and be supportive of each other for the next 9 months!

Replies

• emily7kg
    emily7kg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Zephalia
    Congratulations! I'm not currently pregnant, but I have 3 kids.
    You really don't need to be ashamed of eating when you're pregnant. You are eating to nourish a little life who is dependent on your food intake for every cell in his/her body. Eat as much nourishing healthy food as your body tells you that you need. If you undereat, your baby will be malnourished. This is more of an issue after the first trimester. Maybe this could set your baby up hormonally for obesity later on - leptin or ghrelin or something, I forget.
    Gaining a modest amount of fat during pregnancy is normal and necessary to support breastfeeding. Most of what you gain will be the baby, placenta, extra blood,uterus getting larger. Most of it will go. The rest usually comes off after a few months.
    Be really kind to your pelvic floor. A life of stress incontinence is not fun for those who want to exercise for the rest of their life. All the best - relax and enjoy the season of life.
    love Emily
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Zephalia, I am currently 20 weeks pregnant and am still eating well and exercising. Just ran another 5k this weekend. Feel free to add me.
    I do count my calories but only to make sure I'm getting enough of what I need in this second trimester. I was stuck on losing for so long that changing to gaining has been a little difficult, but mostly mentally, b/c I LOVE to eat!
    There are also several pregnancy groups on here if you want to join. Best of luck!
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I have continued exercising and logging my entire pregnancy. Don't feel ashamed at all over your increased calories. I have had to increase my daily calories to 2100 (resting), from 1500, with added calories for exercise (300-500). I Net 2400-2600 cal's per day and I'm still having difficulty putting on weight, so I keep trying to up it more ( hard in the third trimester when there is no room). Tons of my friends eat 1200 cal's per day and even most of the pregnant ones still eat less than me. You just got to do what is right for you, now is definitely not the time to compare yourself to others, just go by your own weight gain and how you're feeling.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm pregnant and in my first trimester and eating around 1600-1700 calories plus exercise calories feel free to add me
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Come and join us at Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant! Lots of ladies in the same situation.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant