Advice, please, about my skin

curvygirl512
curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm really starting to *feel* my weight loss now, after 10 pounds and two months. My small wardrobe is now too big. However, my skin is now too big. I guess it stretched from carrying around all that extra weight. Now it just looks wrinkly, saggy, and dull. Moisturizing makes it soft, but it still looks wrinkly and makes me look much older. I'm also seeing my sag around my eyes, despite vigorous efforts to take care of that fragile skin. I take a vitamin every day, and my hair and nails are growing as fast and healthy as they always have. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Hi Curvygirl512, are you strength training or just doing cardio?
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Water! Water helps provide elasticity to your skin.
    Weight training....start or increase strength training to build more muscle! More muscle will help the skin become taut again too (as you are beefing up what's underneath you skin!)

Good luck!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Any lotion with collagen will help. I use one by L'oreal. Hemmoroid cream could work too.
  • Maybe try some skin-firming lotion if it's really getting to you. I doubt anyone else has noticed. Good luck!
  • mfdpa
    mfdpa Posts: 4
    It may take up to 2 years for the skin to tighten up after weight loss but 10 lbs does not seem enough to cause a lot of loose skin, If after 1-2 years the skin is stilll loose you can try surgical skin tightening (expensive not covered by insurance) or if less of an issue laser sking tightening $3,000 or so.
  • midwesthiker
    midwesthiker Posts: 144
    I have been using the Jergens Skin Firming cream. I have never had such soft skin, and it seems to be firming up, but it could be from the water I drink, the weight training, or the cream. I won't attribute it to any of them, but perhaps all of them together.

I hate the wrinkly skin I have around my elbows! No matter what I do that skin just doesn't seem to want to go away. It is gross. :(
  • moisturize with...lifting firming..Lancome Renergie also eye cream day and night also.Use sunscreen daily too. Im new here but am a licensed esthetician too.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    I am using Bio oil. It's about 10 dollars and last a long time. I use it on my face at night also. It really help. Drink alot of water also. Good luck
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    I am using Bio oil. It's about 10 dollars and last a long time. I use it on my face at night also. It really help. Drink alot of water also. Good luck
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Bump
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.