Trying to make new friends who can motivate and support my weight loss goal. And as a person

Options
Trying to loose 50 lbs to reach my normal weight . In the past 5 years I've been working so much and taking care of my family , I had forgotten my own self and health , so now I'm determined to stick to a healthy diet and exercise routine to reach my goals once and for all . Amen ..

Replies

• FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey!!

Have faith in yourself, and keep pushing yourself just that bit more :)
  • Evadriana
    Evadriana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    [thank you

• mom363546
    mom363546 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you, I'm basically new hear. I joined a long time ago but today starts a new day so we shall see!
  • Radamidov
    Radamidov Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you echo exactly what happened to me. Had a baby almost 6 years ago, gained like 70 lbs and lost only 20 so I really need to lose 50 lbs as well. I'm on day 3 of logging my food and exercise. I've been working out 2 days a week and trying hard to bump it up to 3 days. Ugh it's tough. At 43 my body is not doing it very fast. Anyway the logging of food has been very helpful and I've been logging EVERYTHING...even the 3 chocolate milano cookies I wasn't supposed to have and did. But I guess that is the reason to do it. To see everything and be honest about what I put in my mouth. So far my biggest challenge has been water intake and eating more protein. Would love to chat with more moms and ladies trying to lose weight and get healthy.
  • pdwyer569
    pdwyer569 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there Evadriana, you can do it! Just stay focused and break your goal down into manageable, measurable and trackable task. This will aid you in your journey to success.

If you have any questions or just need some motivation feel free to hit me up or friend me.

Hoping the best for you!
  • nightingale57
    nightingale57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    H Evadriana (beautiful name by the way) I could have written that myself. My long term goal for this next year is 50 lbs too. I'm breaking it into 10lbs at a time. I HAVE to keep a diary I've discovered. It's too easy to mindlessly shove things into my mouth. I also sit all day at work and have to find a way to work in some exercise. I'm quite a bit older, and it doesn't get any easier, that is for sure! I hope to visit and chat with all of you often. P.S. Radamidov, Milano cookies call my name too..:) Here's to a healthier 2016 for us all!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is such a challenge as a mom to not lose sight of yourself while taking care of everyone else! I am 43 as well, sitting here cuddling one of my twins and my 2 year old while surfing mfp. There is always some little person who needs hugs or food or entertainment lol.

I have started doing light workouts and am trying to get back into the habit of drinking water. I will be going hard core into my new diet plan in December. Good luck to all of us!
  • StacyJanJ
    StacyJanJ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Take heart - you can do this! I've been where you are and I know how it feels. I had three children. Totally lost myself and have since reclaimed my life and health! Feel free to add me and I'll support you!
  • cguintu
    cguintu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello. Good luck. I'm in the same boat. About 50 pounds to lose after 4 kids in ten years. Baby is 1.5 so no more excuses :)
  • here_comes_the_tortoise
    Options
    Good luck! I've got 125 to lose (lost 5 this week). Feel free to add me!