I'm 1200 calories under for the day, what're some tasty calorie dense foods?

Title says it all really. I want to not have too much of a deficit, I calculated my macros and TDEE yesterday and want to get in range.

Replies

• Redonelw
    Redonelw Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2015
    Lard. Just kidding. :p But chips work, as well as popcorn. They are both tasty, and packed with calories. Treat yourself to a buffet if there are any in your area. Pizza is good too.

If we're talking healthy as well, try

-Eggs
    -Potatoes
    -Pasta
    -and Quinoa

Best of luck!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Candy, cookies, cake, pie, ice cream, peanuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, fruit juice, pizza, cheeseburgers and French fries.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    I think I'm gonna go with the honey roasted peanuts that we sell in the market since I'm at work.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    DLDzioba wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna go with the honey roasted peanuts that we sell in the market since I'm at work.
    Peanuts are a yummy choice! Enjoy!

You could also just undereat today and then indulge tomorrow. I go up and down, depending on the day. Many people do. Just depends on how you want to do it. :)
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Peanut butter.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Be careful on the peanuts, they add up calories very fast. I try to have lower cal breakfast and lunch and leave more cal for dinner and maybe a snack if I exercise that day. I do egg and ezekiel toast, oatmeal with raisins and walnuts. Veggie soup and cottage cheese.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Be careful on the peanuts, they add up calories very fast.
    I was literally over 1000 calories under my goal.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Lean turkey sandwich made on whole grain bread with cheddar (or your choice of) cheese. All three macros get bumped up nearly equally right there, for about 450-ish calories depending.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    cheese.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    peanut butter. If I had 1200 left over I would eat it all in peanut butter.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Redonelw wrote: »
    Lard. Just kidding. :p But chips work, as well as popcorn. They are both tasty, and packed with calories. Treat yourself to a buffet if there are any in your area. Pizza is good too.

If we're talking healthy as well, try

-Eggs
    -Potatoes
    -Pasta
    -and Quinoa

Best of luck!
    Popcorn is actually a little low in calories. (Plain-homemade *not bagged)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Rice and cheese with sliced almonds :)
  • arielm2015
    arielm2015 Posts: 12 Member

This is great! :D
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Cake
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited November 2015
    Cake

1/3 peanut butter mixed with 1/3 chocolate covering 1/3 chocolate & peanut butter cake.

I'm not kidding. I am making this cake for my twin's next birthday and plan to eat a day's worth of calories from it.

3466fgwgqk5b.jpg
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Cake

1/3 peanut butter mixed with 1/3 chocolate covering 1/3 chocolate & peanut butter cake.

I'm not kidding. I am making this cake for my twin's next birthday and plan to eat a day's worth of calories from it.

3466fgwgqk5b.jpg

Oh that looks heavenly...
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    are you is the U.S.? thanksgiving is coming up. i'd keep the deficit--you'll probably be 1000 cal over thurs & fri. a couple of pieces of pie with whipped cream would do it.