A hard lesson learned.

Options
I love to eat out and refuse to stop. However, the last few times I went out, I actually was able to stop eating when I was satisfied. This included letting myself have a few bites of dessert. Celebrate this victory with me.

Replies

• pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Great job! Eating out still scares me. Are you able to track your calories or do you not bother on eat-out days?
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such an awesome victory and the insight to implement a successful strategy.....this will stand you in good stead for dealing with the inevitable curve balls life throws you.

Well done. <3
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @pearso21123, I check the MFP database. If the actual restaurant isn't in there I try to find the closest thing I can, use a higher selection and deliberately overestimate how much I eat. May not be exact but it works for me.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! This is huge! I was out last night and got a bunless burger and saratoga chips (thick cut potato chips). I looked them up and found one that was 8 chips. Well, the waitress brought a whole basket! Yikes, I pulled out 8 chips and put the basket on the other side of the table! It's so hard, but worth it! It's nice to know that we can eat out and still enjoy favorites without going back to old routines!
  • Wacekmama
    Wacekmama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Personal victory last night for me... Watching everyone else down Green Mill bread and herb butter while I stuck with my salad. Yes, it IS possible to go somewhere with free bread without downing an extra full meal's worth of calories! Plus, then I could eat my gyro when it came without guilt. :)
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This is HUGE!! I can do the same thing. I have found the first couple of bites taste the best anyway.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I find the easiest method when eating out is to eat only half of what you order. It normally helps me keep within my goal.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    A lot of places let you order kid's size meals too, espically fast food places.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Great NSV @alizesmom <3
    Realizing you don't have to feel stuffed, just satiated, or clean your plate, and can take it home or throw it away, is very freeing.
    I like to share desert or, if possible, get it to take home. Terrible sweet tooth.

Cheers, h.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Well done. The trick is learning when to stop