Wow what a feeling! I'm the Energizer Bunny!

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
I think I have hit a diet high or something! This is my 3rd full day on my diet and sticking to relatively no refined or processed sugar, didn't conciously do it it just happened by eating clean. 1st time in months for me since September I think. I came home and instead of driving by the office at the Apts to get the mail I told my sister I'd walk (we live on the other side of the complex from the mailboxes and it is about a 6-7 min walk at a brisk pace for me). On the way back all of a sudden I got this burst of energy. I felt good all over and even circled around the long way. Then when I got back I did 15 min on the recumbent bike with full power sprints of 30 seconds mixed in to my regular pace. After that I did about 25-30 minutes of strength training and then have done 2 loads of laundry, finished loading, running and unloading the dish washer and did the dishes from dinner tonight and I have been up and down all evening. I seriously feel like the energizer bunny!!! I haven't had this much energy in at least a year. Wow what a feeling! Keep in mind that I am a 391 pound woman. I think I owe it all to getting that sugar out that normally bogs down my system and of course eating every 3 hours has done wonders for my metabolism. Did I mention I have had 24 cups of water so far today and goodness knows how much extra walking that provided in and of itself! LOL! :laugh: Well just wanted to share a bit of success since I didn't see it on the scale yet. :frown: Thanks for reading and for everyone who has supoorted me the past 3 days!
Amy

118984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    Options
    I think I have hit a diet high or something! This is my 3rd full day on my diet and sticking to relatively no refined or processed sugar, didn't conciously do it it just happened by eating clean. 1st time in months for me since September I think. I came home and instead of driving by the office at the Apts to get the mail I told my sister I'd walk (we live on the other side of the complex from the mailboxes and it is about a 6-7 min walk at a brisk pace for me). On the way back all of a sudden I got this burst of energy. I felt good all over and even circled around the long way. Then when I got back I did 15 min on the recumbent bike with full power sprints of 30 seconds mixed in to my regular pace. After that I did about 25-30 minutes of strength training and then have done 2 loads of laundry, finished loading, running and unloading the dish washer and did the dishes from dinner tonight and I have been up and down all evening. I seriously feel like the energizer bunny!!! I haven't had this much energy in at least a year. Wow what a feeling! Keep in mind that I am a 391 pound woman. I think I owe it all to getting that sugar out that normally bogs down my system and of course eating every 3 hours has done wonders for my metabolism. Did I mention I have had 24 cups of water so far today and goodness knows how much extra walking that provided in and of itself! LOL! :laugh: Well just wanted to share a bit of success since I didn't see it on the scale yet. :frown: Thanks for reading and for everyone who has supoorted me the past 3 days!
    Amy

118984.png
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Way to go Amy:happy:

Sounds like you are off to a fantastic start. Keep up the great work:flowerforyou:
  • redsrandomthoughts
    Options
    Wow is right lady good job!!! Keep it up!
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    Keep up the awesome work!!! The scale will eventually reward you. I would recommend to slow down a bit on the water because there is such a thing as too much water at times as well. Just pay attention to what your body needs. It is good to average around 10 - 15 cups of water for your size. I always feel tons better when I eat clean. I need to get back to more of a strict clean diet again because it is when I feel the best!! Thanks for your post and reminded how well clean eating can be for your body and your energy!!!!!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar does some weird stuff to our bodies! Artificial sugar does even worse things to my body. So...I'm just trying to cut WAY BACK and not have any on cereal or in my coffee. Feel so much better.
    Keep it up girl - you're doing great.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I know what you mean!! I went through the same thing. My DH was shocked how clean my house was when he came home. I'd been calling him all day to tell him of the exercises I'd been doing. He probably didn't expect me to have been doing house work with all the exercise. I got down today and ate fast food. Boy I am drained!!! I'm so tired. Not use to feeling like this. I've been so energized the last 2 weeks. Don't make that mistake, please!!! Stay energized with healthy food. It's so worth it. You feel better and lose weight.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh yes! Its THESE kinds of revelations that keep us going. :flowerforyou: Congratulations!

The hardest part of exersise is starting. Once I start running on my treadmill, I just get this feeling of elation and my DH has walked in before wondering if I've gone mad because I'm almost laughing it just feels so good. :bigsmile:

Keep it up! :drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Grammy I use xylitol to sweeten which is an all natural alkaline sweetner that has been proven beneficial to diabetics, not to mention it's great for your teeth! It is metabolized independently of insulin so it actually helps repair insulin resistance which is good since I am reactive hypoglycemic. I can't stand anything else anymore. I even take my own to restaurants now for my iced tea.

Biggestloserfan- I should be drinking 24.5 cups of fluids a day according to my doctor which is 1/2 oz per pound. Really I just drink when I am thirsty and I drink alot because it is so terribly dry here, too. My body craves the fluids and I feel much better when I get them in. I take plenty of whole food mineral and vitamin supplements though to keep from getting depleted. But thanks for worrying about me <<HUGS>>

Thanks for all the great encouragement ! You are all great!
    Amy

118984.png
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    awesome, i have a few of loads of laundry come on over LOL!! That is great I hope to get that energy back up in the next couple days:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I had to do crunches in bed and some leg lifts as well as relaxation to get wound down enough to sleep last night. Usually I'm falling asleep in the chair from the carb overload. I hope the energy continues this evening though. It will make sticking to my exercising much easier. I still feel energized this morning. I did 10 min on the bike after breakfast this morning. I like this new found energy a lot. Hope it's not temporary! :drinker:
    Amy
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I needed to hear your story today:smile: Keep up the great work, it will show!
  • momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much for posting!!!! I needed this motivation. I have been sooo exhausted for like two years, even to the point that the dr thought i had chronic fatigue syndrome, and now i think it was just the fact that i drink mountain dew. i also eat refined sugar. so much for that!!!! Im going to try and see about not eating or drinking bad stuff, eat clean as you guys put it. Im going to try soooo hard, because i want to lose weight, but more importantly i want to feel good!! i need energy, i have three kids under seven for goodness sake and they are all here at home with me!!! one with autism, and one who has a chronic disease and no immune system, i neeeeeeed energy!!!!
    Thanks soooooo much! We will do this together!
    :wink:
  • OntheSand
    OntheSand Posts: 119
    Options
    HOW AWESOME! This totally inspired me! :) Congrats and keep up the amazing work!!! :drinker:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!! :smile:
  • tonimckinney924
    tonimckinney924 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow keep it up thats amazing...
  • furrflys
    Options
    How wierd! I also have been waaaay more energetic since I started counting my calorie intake. I'm still getting to much suger with the foods I'm eating, but probly no where near as much as before. I thought it was just extra energy that wasn't being used to process all the food I was eating before.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    well done to you :drinker:

you have great motivation! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!