Walden Farm products?

Options
A gal at work recommended their line, as it is all zero calorie.
Someone here posted a link to where I could purchase it online since I had trouble finding Walden Farms in our grocery stores....
I ordered quite a variety.
Have you tried their products? Do you like them?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've heard terrible reports. I also think they're a bot dodgy because they aren't in fact 0 calories - they take advantage opf the FDA rule that says if a "serve" (no matter how small the serve is) is under 5 cals, they can round it down to 0 on the label. So they make their serving size tiny and pass themselves off at 0 cals.
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I like them. I use the dressings on a regular basis, and I like the chocolate dip for strawberries. I also use the marshmallow dip on baked sweet potatoes. I've used the chocolate and caramel dips to flavor plain yogurt before too.
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get a terrible tummy ache when I eat their products, so I avoid them. Not too sure what's in them either, so that's an added incentive to stay away. I used to enjoy reduced-calorie dressings and products, but these days I tend to stick to ''the fresher the better'', and it's been working. Maybe not as fast, but I've managed to eat really healthy foods that actually feed my body (as opposed to starve it), stay full, and still lose an average of 1 lb per week over the last three months. Personally, I stay away from them, but that doesn't mean everyone should.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am not one to be afraid of chemicals. But 0 calorie ranch dressing and peanut butter? Even I wouldn't go near that. I have to draw the line somewhere and Walden Farms is it. That stuff is just not right.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I LOVE some of their products, not all, but definitely a fan of a couple(:
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The peanut butter spread tastes like straight up *kitten* hole. Pancake syrup ok. Dressings ok but sodium rich.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you'll find those products in the pharmacy isle at Krogers by the diabetic stuff. Something touted as 0 calories..seems chemical-like to me..so i stay away from that line.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I love the maple syrup and honey dijon dressing. Everything else is kind of weird and gross tasting lol. The peanut butter was just disgusting and same with the ranch, caesar, and blue cheese dressing. I have yet to try their ketchup and pasta sauces though.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    They are awful... blah
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've hated everything I have tasted from them.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've only tried a couple of the dressings and they were awful. I've heard mixed things on some of the other products. I put them in the category of Arctic Zero - tastes like sadness and disappointment mostly...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I really like several of their salad dressings and I can understand how they get 0 calories: water, vinegar, spices, fake flavors, lots of salt, and an emulsifier (add some fat and sugar and you have the ingredients for many of the low price regular salad dressings). The other products just don't do it for me.

My favorite dressings: Honey Dijon, Raspberry Vinaigrette, Bleu Cheese, and Bacon Ranch. The Italian and Balsamic are pretty awful and way too salty.

ETA: I have been eating them off and on since 1998 and no body parts have dropped off yet.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    They smell like my microbiology lab when we were working with stool cultures and taste like vingegar-y salty sadness.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Lol.....well, I just got my email notification that my order shipped....so this will be an interesting experiment. I'll let you know how I make out.
    I ordered a couple different salad dressings, a couple of fruit spreads, a chocolate and a caramel sauce and a ranch veg dip.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that their company name includes the word 'Farm', possibly to make them sound more natural or something... Their food has to be full of processed chemicals and stuff to make it low or zero calorie.
  • juliebowman4
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DataSeven wrote: »
    I find it ironic that their company name includes the word 'Farm', possibly to make them sound more natural or something... Their food has to be full of processed chemicals and stuff to make it low or zero calorie.
    Indeed 'farm' is a PR image....makes us think of fresh air, sunshine and chemical free gardens
    Indeed it's likely full of chemicals. Yet, so is ketchup, a staple in many homes. I'm not gonna no to drink the stuff straight from the bottle......I'm going to sprinkle a bit on my salad.
  • x_blackrainbow
    Options
    This is the ingredient label for the sesame ginger dressing. Ooooh, so scary.
    o8wfa5bx6me1.gif
  • juliebowman4
    Options
    Lol....that was tongue-in-cheek, right?
    Because that doesn't look so scary to me....
  • x_blackrainbow
    Options
    Yes. :) That's actually one of my favorite dressings.