Working calories weekly

Options
I'm doing well using MFP and I'm actually enjoying getting back my fitness through exercise and my shape (and weight) by following the CICO which seems a perfectly logical way to lose weight.
My question is whether it is possible to keep track of unused calories on one day so going over on another day doesn't seem so bad.
The reason I'm asking is that I've gone over today by about 200 calories and I've also got a bar of bourneville chocolate lined up for later. Rather than trawling through my food diary for the last 7 days to see if I'm still under for the week, does the program allow me to show how many calories I haven't used in the previous week?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    MFP has built in a Weekly Progress Report under Nutrition in the mobile apps only.

​Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1026746-are-there-differences-between-the-website-and-the-app-versions-of-myfitnesspal-
  • bobinpeterboro
    bobinpeterboro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that CyberTone, lots of extra bits to play with and reports to print. :smile:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time-- I "bank" calories during the week so I can "spend" them on the weekends!
  • bobinpeterboro
    Options
    Thanks Rosebarnalice, that's exactly what I want to do. I found it in the nutrition section but...........

.......Pooh, I'm already 900 calories over for this week. :-(
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I watch my weeks and months instead of days. Daily is only good for people who have the same amount of hunger every day.
  • MeadowsBing
    MeadowsBing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Where can I find this please? I have looked everywhere
  • bobinpeterboro
    Options
    Where can I find this please? I have looked everywhere

As a brand new "expert" on this very subject I feel I'm qualified to answer your question, I've got MFP on my iPad and if you click onto 'nutrition' along the bottom it shows daily and weekly figures underneath the bar graphs.

• MeadowsBing
    MeadowsBing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rosebarnalice, that's exactly what I want to do. I found it in the nutrition section but...........

.......Pooh, I'm already 900 calories over for this week. :-(

If you tend to eat more on the weekend it is natural for it to be skewed toward showing you over early in the week, since it defaults (I believe) to Sunday being the first day. You could either change your week to run Monday through Sunday, to avoid that, or just remember that the first few days of the week you'll always show as being over for the week.
  • bobinpeterboro
    Options
    Thanks Jemhh, I'll bear the week start in mind but I think I'm over as I've just reset my activity level to sedentary which immediately pinched 250 calories a day off of me and I'm still settling into working to those calories.