Have Ingedients Need Ideas... Still Learning

Options
Mveler
Mveler Posts: 274 Member
Ok I have

2- 4 oz New York Strip Steaks
4- Large Zucchini

I do have potatoes, a little White Sweet Onion, Canned Tomatoes, Canned Veggies corn-peas-green beans

I have limited seasonings (but i do have some)

Any ideas!

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    grilled steak with steamed zuchinni

OR

grilled steak with grilled zuchinni

OR

grilled steak with lightly sautee'd zuchinni, potato, and onion
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Do you have a grill?

veggie kabobs 1 zuchini,, 1 onion, brush w/ a little olive oil
    a simple grilled steak sound (season to taste with a little salted & pepper)
    wrap up some potatoes in foil.

Save the canned goods for another time.

Have fun!

P.S. put the zukes on 1 skewer and the onions on another, becasue they each take a different amount of time to cook.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    cook the zucchini with onions and stewed tomatoes. yummo. My favorite way, then you can add the grilled steak strips.
  • Mveler
    Options
    Thanks Y'all

The zucchini with onions and stewed tomatoes and onions sounds YUM. Simple as it sounds, cut up and throw all in a pot?
  • Mveler
    Options
    I'm going to get some skewers so we can do kabobs that sounds great too!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thanks Y'all

The zucchini with onions and stewed tomatoes and onions sounds YUM. Simple as it sounds, cut up and throw all in a pot?
    I would do it like this:
    Fry onions in oil (a tiny bit) until they go completely soft. You could fry up some garlic too if you have it, add it near the end when the onions are nearly done or it might burn.
    Add tomatoes and chopped zucchini plus herbs, stock (salt works fine, only a tiny bit) and any spices you fancy. Granulated garlic would go in here.
    Allow to cook in a slow cooker or at a low heat, covered, on the hob, for as long as it takes to soften the zucchini.
    Eat it up. Yum.

You could make it into a stew by adding the corn and any other veg you like alongside the zucchini, and eat it with a carb (potato, bread etc), and save the steak for another day. The stew base would be very very low cal.
  • rveler
    rveler Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Y'all

I would do it like this:
    Fry onions in oil (a tiny bit) until they go completely soft. You could fry up some garlic too if you have it, add it near the end when the onions are nearly done or it might burn.
    Add tomatoes and chopped zucchini plus herbs, stock (salt works fine, only a tiny bit) and any spices you fancy. Granulated garlic would go in here.
    Allow to cook in a slow cooker or at a low heat, covered, on the hob, for as long as it takes to soften the zucchini.
    Eat it up. Yum.

You could make it into a stew by adding the corn and any other veg you like alongside the zucchini, and eat it with a carb (potato, bread etc), and save the steak for another day. The stew base would be very very low cal.

Thank you Making some now~
  • Mveler
    Options
    He meant I am making it now :)