Hi! I need help please!!

Hi, i have been doing this for a week or so now i havent weighed myself yet just because i want to not get disappointed... my husband has just recently lost close to 50 lbs from job changes and not drinking soda so i deciced i needed to make a change as well. Well im straving lol everyday im just not sure if im doing the right things im trying to only eat 1600 calories a day which i stay fairly close to but im just hungry all the time and i dont really know how to fix that. Im only eating 3 meals a day a one snack. I would really love some help with this please!!! Also, i havent started working out yet and i also havent stoped drinking my dt coke, but my reason is im just trying to focus one one thing at a time, like getting the calories under control and then stoppig the soda and starting the working out, again not sure if im making the right choices. I would really appreciate any feedback at all please, and thanks in advanced.

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    It would help if you open your diary as people may be able to make food suggestions that would help you to feel fuller for longer. Alos, do you use a digital food scale to weigh your food? You may be under estimating your food intake and eating more than you think.
  • ebooth0006
    ebooth0006 Posts: 3 Member
    No i dont use a digital food scale, i didnt think about that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. And as far as my food diary my biggest problem is that im a manager at mcdonalds and im always rushing, i get 15 mins to eat my lunch... and of course its mcdonalds that im eating. I know thats 100% my problem im just trying to fix it still
  • mirmille8
    mirmille8 Posts: 2 Member
    Eating high protein meals will make you feel fuller longer. But you want to eat that protein with lower calorie foods like for example a steak salad.
  • ebooth0006
    ebooth0006 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you.
  • brandid34
    brandid34 Posts: 154 Member
    McDonald's might be the biggest problem if you are eating calorie rich food but they aren't really filling foods. Are you able to bring your lunch so you can pack healthier options and more fruits and veggies? An apple added to your meal makes a huge difference.
  • conway766
    conway766 Posts: 6 Member
    try to get in more water also
  • RicMackie
    RicMackie Posts: 42 Member
    Have you considered Atkins? No way in hell you'd be hungry, and it'd be a miracle if you didn't start dropping pounds. But....a huge but....it needs to be the way you eat as a lifestyle. Not just a "diet". And you need to follow it to a T. You can't just be good 6 days and have a cheat day, and it is not a license to gorge on meat and such. But, you'd be eating delicious foods, and foods where the fat would keep you full while burning away the body fat. I'd recommend considering it. Add me as a friend, and we can chat. Open your diary so others can help with suggestions, and have a look at mine to see what I'm eating. I'm still losing 1-2 pounds per week easy.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    I agree with opening your diary. I always wonderful why people ask for help with a closed diary. If you really want open and honest feedback, open your diary.

Forget atkins - if you are always hungry try calorie cycling - like you if I have a set number of calories I find that I tend to be more hungry. Since starting calorie cycling, I am more comfortable with my calories on a daily basis and do not seem to have the hunger pangs. I eat 1200 calories on Tuesdays/Fridays, Mondays 1500 and the other days just over 1800 or thereabouts. My total for the week is 11,555 and that works out to be more than enough for me. I try to exercise every day and do not eat back my exercise calories. I am able to eat any foods without having to worry about the calorie intake. I allow myself at least 1-2 snickers (my favorite chocolate) every week - to feed my hunger for it, eat cashews and peanuts and I am dropping the lbs.

Look at what McDonalds have to offer - have a burger with a salad - or bring your lunch. Right now I am in love with chick peas - very filling and full of fiber and protein. You are going to have to be create with your eating to achieve your goal.
  • figueroayobani
    figueroayobani Posts: 7 Member
    You know one thing that has helped me a lot is just taking the initiative of working out and including a diet pill in my days. I knows it's hard but ones started I began to think twice before eating all that wonderful good food out their. I no longer crave it because I know I worked hard and do not deserve to throw away the hard efforts on cheat meals hopefully that helps