Feeling alone...

Options
I'm at two extremes - highest weight and lowest morale. I've even been struggling with binge eating recently, I know what I need to do to get healthy but feel like such a failure right now. If there is anyone that would be willing to help me with this journey, I would be grateful.

Replies

• brandid34
    brandid34 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You're not a failure! Good things take time you just got a little upside but you can change that starting today. :smile: is binge eating something you've struggled with before?
  • MarlyIc1
    MarlyIc1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not a failure! We all go through this, some more than others but everybody struggles in life. I've been there many times myself and I know how hard it is to fight it off. That's why we're all here. To support each other in this. This article might help https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/how-to-overcome-emotional-eating-by-leaning-on-your-fitness-tribe/ Also add me if you like, I post daily and try to motivate and inspire as much as possible :)
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Can't change the past, just gotta forgive yourself and move forward. Baby steps are always good. ;-)
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Binge eating is hard to break. You have to drop carbs and that causes the cravings. Your body might take quite a while to adapt to the lower sugar levels. You will need something to occupy your mind. Good time to start a new hobby or craft. Make time for you. Often trying to please everyone leaves less time for us. Exercise is good for when your cravings start. If you find you have to have something keep something low calorie on hand. Make a list of low calorie food you like and keep them in the house. I figure I have 18 months to take all the weight off. Always loss weight just never all of it. This time I'm determined it will be all of it. Haven't seen below the 200's for years.
  • brandid34
    brandid34 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    hirm2v14ssg1.jpeg