Looking for motivation

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Claudia, I am new to the community but have been on and off Myfitnesspal....but this time I want to stay committed! I am looking to loose about 10-15 pounds... I do very well while I am at work as far as eating but once I am home and on the weekends I don't do too well :neutral:
With exercise, I walk MOST mornings for 2.75 miles and try to walk when I can in the evenings for another 2.75 miles. I would like to get someone's input on my activity... is that enough to help me loose weight?

Hope I can find friends that will motivate me and help me reach my goal!

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• TRoseHarvest
    TRoseHarvest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I heard that weight loss in 80 per cent diet and 20 per cent exercise. So I'm sure if you keep the activity up and keep eating clean, you'll be seeing the loss soon enough! If you're still worried, maybe try some toning exercises. Trainers say that you'll see results by building muscle faster than you'll see the results by burning calories.
  • catt1989
    catt1989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Claudia and welcome back, weekends can be the trickiest part for eating clean due to all the temptation around , whats your timeframe for your goal?
  • hfernando48
    hfernando48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @cysanchez98 I feel ya,what I notice has been helping me is to not have those bad snacks around the house,drink plenty of water,NEVER skip breakfast and of course have your four or five small meals trough out the day! Eat some fruits and veggies in between and also do some weight training like @TRoseHarvest said.
    Keep it up guys!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Claudia, I am new to the community but have been on and off Myfitnesspal....but this time I want to stay committed! I am looking to loose about 10-15 pounds... I do very well while I am at work as far as eating but once I am home and on the weekends I don't do too well :neutral:
    With exercise, I walk MOST mornings for 2.75 miles and try to walk when I can in the evenings for another 2.75 miles. I would like to get someone's input on my activity... is that enough to help me loose weight?

Hope I can find friends that will motivate me and help me reach my goal!

Thanks! :smile:

You can exercise as much as you want or as little as you want if you remain healthy about it. Losing the weight requires eating in a calorie deficit. Exercise can make that deficit larger if you want, is good for your general fitness, can avoid greater muscle loss while losing weight, and if you increase intensity good for your cardio health. But you don't have to do it.

And regardless of which path you choose, people here are living proof it can be done.