Anyone currently taking phentermine?

Options
Eagles8080
Eagles8080 Posts: 197 Member
i am on phentermine. Just looking for friends that are to.

Replies

• Shangibbs
    Shangibbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I start tomorrow
  • Justing1516
    Justing1516 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yep have been for a few weeks
  • bnm1979
    bnm1979 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Add me! I just started Phentermine too!
  • tylerslade21
    tylerslade21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not on phentermine but a lot of the patients I see at work are on it! 37.5mg tabs are the most common. Have you guys been perscribed topiramate(Topamax) as well? Recently FDA approved to for weight loss when used w/ phentermine.
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Took it in the 90s and lost 75 lbs and my gallbladder when it was phen phen, took just the "phen" after they banned the cocktail. Gained it all back plus 50 lbs. had my heart checked and thankfully everything was ok.
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Will never take a doctor prescribed weight loss pill again.
  • twentiesbrunette
    twentiesbrunette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to share my story, as maybe someone will find they can relate to it. I took phentermine for about 6 months, worked out like crazy, it cut my sugar cravings, h& boy, oh, boy it took a few weeks to get used to it. I had to be careful not to go too long without eating a snack, the headaches were few but fierce , oh & I had to make sure to take it early in the am WITH food (i would end up not able to go to sleep at a reasonable hour if I didn't take it right when I got up) AND Drinking plenty of water! I had gone on it because I have type 2 diabetes & PCOS (and some ADD to boot!) I felt hopeless & on my birthday I got a fitbit from my dear husband, this was just over a year ago. I was motivated! I worked out but nothing was happening, my sugar cravings were insane. My Dr & I decided it would be good to try phentermine 37.5 mg as my PCOS wasn't allowing me to have solid metabolism. It worked! After 4 months my A1C was NORMAL, my diabetes was completely under control. I used MyFitnesspal to help me track & be accountable for my foods & I used my fitbit to help me track & be accountable for my fitness! i joined a gym & went to group classes about 5 hours a week (i just would get my workout clothes on & go, the less I thought about it the better) I went from size 18/20 to a very comfortable size 12! i had worked out on my own for about 2 months then took phentermine for almost 6 months. I lowered the dosage to 30mg which I could tell didn't have the same effect but I kept working out & eating better (i had a few treats too) at about 5 months in. So I was only on the smaller dosage for about a month. Then life struck my whole world turned upside down, every healthy habit I formed quickly vanished with depression, anxiety, & stress taking it's place. I ballooned back up & it was due to me dropping all my goals & stopped thinking about my health :-( not good! This went on for about 7 months. I am almost back to where I started. Life is finally starting getting back to "normal". As of November 21st I have gone back on phentermine 37.5 mg so now my journey starts again! I want to be clear - this is not a short cut its a jumpstart. My goals are: to continue to go to the gym for group classes, walk on the treadmill almost everyday, walk twice a day at work on breaks, pack lunches with healthy snacks, track my food, track my blood glucose, drink a minimum of 8 glasses a day, & be proud of every small accomplishment! I am very thankful for the support of my husband & even though he absolutely hates phentermine, he helps remind me to be cautious, keep track of my symptoms, & know my body limits. Well, that's my story... I am starting part 2 of my journey with phentermine & I'm trying my best to do what's right for me & my body. Please feel free to message me, I am happy to try & answer any questions about my experience, offer tips I've learned, and of course accept any encouragement you may have for me!
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am.