Please don't take phentermine

Options
I took phentermine for about a month and lost 15 lbs EASY. I developed heart palpitations, anxiety, nervousness , and suicidal thoughts. My dreams were terrifying. For all of you thinking about it because some idiot is giving you a "success stories" just please don't even try it. Even if a doctor does prescribe it to you, they even tell you it's terrible for you. And once you stop taking it you gain most of the weight right back if not more. I'm sure this drug worked out for some people, but the risk isn't worth it. All it is is a short cut that may end up leaving you worse off

Replies

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    What idiot flagged this as spam? This lady is telling people about the horrible side effects she had on phentermine, not promoting its use or trying to sell it.

likoui, I hope you came through your experience OK and thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully it'll keep someone from taking this product and possibly having the same negative effects.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    What idiot flagged this as spam? This lady is telling people about the horrible side effects she had on phentermine, not promoting its use or trying to sell it.

likoui, I hope you came through your experience OK and thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully it'll keep someone from taking this product and possibly having the same negative effects.

+1
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I took this for two months a while back, before I got super serious about my health. I lost 22 pounds in the first month. The doctor called me his star patient. I lost less the following month, but mostly it was because I was terrified of becoming malnourished and was forcing myself to eat. This pill eliminated my desire to eat entirely. It also made me feel tons of energy. I didn't get palpitations or other weird side effects, but I am anemic, so I think it just ended up counteracting my contact fatigue. I felt great while on it. That being said, it's an amphetamine and can do some serious damage to someone. I worried about my lack of eating and what that would do to me, much less the long term side effects of being on amphetamines. Also, they have an addictive quality. So, I quit using them. Gained every ounce back and then some. I will never use another drug to help me lose weight. It isn't natural nor healthy, and my goal is to be fit and healthy...skinnier is the pleasant side effect, lol. I would recommend against it, but that's me.
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Constant fatigue...not contact...sorry for the typo.
  • JenLynn319
    JenLynn319 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I took it for 2 weeks. Yes, I lost 11 pounds but.. I couldn't sleep and when I did sleep, the dreams were freaky and made for not a good night's sleep. I was anxious and irritated all the time. So, I quit taking them. Gained 10 pounds back but now I'm not biting people's heads off for no reason and I can sleep. I'll do it the healthy way from now on, thank you!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    squeeeyk wrote: »
    I will never use another drug to help me lose weight. It isn't natural nor healthy, and my goal is to be fit and healthy...skinnier is the pleasant side effect, lol.

Well said!