Share Your Creative Ways to Get Veggies Into A Meal Without

Options
Without....Salad!

A favorite of mine is to serve pasta over a plate of fresh spinach or baby spinach leaves. This works exceptionally well for pesto or creamy sauces. It adds to the texture and the flavor of the pasta.

Replies

• judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    spinach in my turkey burgers.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    I've diced them really small before and added them to spaghetti sauce or other sauces. I like a lot of veggies in my salads, but the smaller the pieces are, the harder it is to get them on my fork. If I'm hungry, I want to be able to stab the salad with my fork and eat, not search for the tiny veggies!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Gotta love ground turkey. I hide carrots, broccoli, onion in turkey meatloaf. You can pretty much add whatever you want. :)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like to do a "cookout style meal", where we grill hamburgers, or in my case, veggie burgers with corn on the cob as a side and watermelon for dessert! Everyone loves it and it's great to eat during the summer! Sometimes shish kabobs are fun to grill too!
  • SkinnyEmLee
    Options
    Veggies are really good in pasta, stir fry, soups, and with eggs in the morning. I also love slicing them up and putting them on my sandwiches.
  • ljw556
    ljw556 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is poached egg, steamed spinach, portabello mushroom and asparagus - cherry tomatoes also work well. Adding vegetables to grilled sandwiches also works well. I love roasting courgettes, peppers and red onions and filling a toasted tortilla wrap with them and hummus or feta cheese.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    dude....zucchini pancakes

Shred some zucchini and mix it into pan cake mix or bisquick or carb quick and add some diced onion and some adobo and pepper and they are awesome

sort of like a fritter and since I make it with more zucchini than the pancake mix it is more of a veg than a starch.

Awesome with a little warmed up crushed tomato on it like a pizza topping with jazzed up spices in it. Oh gosh I am going to have to make this tonight it sounds too good to pass up now that I am talking about it.

Also you can do this with your eggs and make more of a veggie quiche and it is oh so satisfying.
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I have a spiralizer and I will spiralize zuchinni and carrots and use them in place of pasta in any pasta dish: spaghetti, peanut stiry fry, etc. I also like to stuff mini bell peppers with spreadable cheese and use them as a side to my meals.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Look into the deceptively delicious cookbook.
    The ONLY way I can get veggies into my son.