The Big 3: Proteins | Carbohydrates | Fats

Options
1) What's your favorite macronutrient?
2) Why?
3) Favorite meal? (Majority of calories have to be from your favorite macronutrient)

This is meant to spark new ideas while staying in a: fun, creative, yet satisfying diet.

Go!

Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    1. Carbs
    2. They fuel my running and cycling
    3. Chicken curry, saag aloo, daal, rice and chapatis. Also, a vegetable dosa would be nice but one doesn't want to appear greedy ;)
  • SexyManTrackingCalories
    Options
    Mine would be carbohydrates.
    Because of the wide variety of awesomeness.
    Fresh baked blue berry bagel slightly toasted, with a side of hummus shared with a few eggs.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Carbs, because chocolate things.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    all three because they area ll necessary.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Can I have 2 faves? If yes, then it is ice cream...b/c carbs & fat. If no, then protein...b/c muscles.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Does alcohol count? :D
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Does alcohol count? :D

it is a carb so yes…well beer would be a carb….:)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Wait what? I was gonna say fat because i thought icecream was mostly fat

Favorite = DQ Blizzards and Mickey D's McFlurries. I like twix and rolos the best. Damnit I need to grow up

Oh by the way, the topic caught my eye because I thought it said, "The Big 3: Potatoes, carbohydrates and fat" :D
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Now? Fats.

I eat the most of it and I feel better doing it.

Cheeseburger pie (ground beef, cheese, mayo, eggs, lard and bake)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I like all three together.

My favorite meal is a thick winter vegetable stew (carb heaven with potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, turnips, parsnips, and butternut squash) with vegetarian chicken strips topped with a nice big pat of Kerry Gold butter.

Second favorite right now? Well that's all carbs.

Popcorn. Sprayed with butter cooking spray and sprinkled with truffle salt.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fats. Because peanut butter.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    1) What's your favorite macronutrient?
    2) Why?
    3) Favorite meal? (Majority of calories have to be from your favorite macronutrient)

This is meant to spark new ideas while staying in a: fun, creative, yet satisfying diet.

Go!

1. All three. Can't have just one.
    2. Each contribute to health and feeling satisfied.
    3. Steak with baked potato and some butter.
  • SuzieQzie123
    SuzieQzie123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Protein. Nothing makes me do a happy dance more than a nice juicy steak.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Can't pick -- almost everything I like best is a mix.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I do not eat macronutrients in a vacuum... so it is impossible to pick one. For example, peanut butter is not just fat, steak is not just protein and carbs taste better with protein and fat added...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

JO-0438.jpg

Improper use of word "pie" to describe crust-less, gut-wretching monstrosity. 10 yard penalty. Replay 3rd down.

In response to the OP: I don't think I have a favorite macro.

I definitely have favorite foods that help supply certain macros, but I don't treat one macro as any better/worse than another. They are all important to me for different reasons.

My favorite meal is clearly pizza and beer....which makes sense because that meal gives a good amount of all macros.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Probably fat. I love nut butters, cheese, full fat Greek yogurt, cream, butter. They make all foods better. Protein next as I love my muscles. I know I can live without many carbs. They are always there and are good additions, just not usually my first craving. I would say my fave meal is breakfast. It is easy! Eggs fried in butter or coconut oil, with a side of stir fried veggies and maybe some sweet potato. Or yogurt in my protein shake, or today was cheese with a side of yogurt and granola.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

JO-0438.jpg

Improper use of word "pie" to describe crust-less, gut-wretching monstrosity. 10 yard penalty. Replay 3rd down.

I definitely have favorite foods that help supply certain macros, but I don't treat one macro as any better/worse than another. They are all important to me for different reasons.

My favorite meal is clearly pizza and beer....which makes sense because that meal gives a good amount of all macros.

I'll challenge that call! It's a beautiful thing....
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

JO-0438.jpg

I'll challenge that call! It's a beautiful thing....

Ruling on the field stands. 10 yard penalty.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I like foods that have all three in one package in about equal proportion. This includes foods like nuts and edamame. I find they satisfy and give me an extended calorie burn with no highs or lows.