Looking to Add Friends As Motivation: Goal Minus 50lbs!

Options
stevenc68
stevenc68 Posts: 13 Member
Hi Everyone,

I joined a couple weeks ago, tracked my intake (no matter how good or bad) to get an idea of what I'm putting in my body... After 2 weeks of starting at 2000 cal / day dropping to 1800/ day on my second week, I realize that i need to include exercise as well.

so, I'm looking to add a few people to my friends list that have similar goals, use this as a learning process (what to eat, how much to eat, what activities we are doing - and just have fun with it....)

Here is some info about me - if you're interested, friend me up and we can share our progress:.

Name (real): Steve
Height: 6' 00"
Weight: bounces between 255 - 260
Goal weight: 200 lbs
Work: Desk Jocky (Technical Program Management for a large company)
Interests: Cycling, Our Food System, Weight Lifting (yea right, or I would be doing it! LoL), gaming (ugg My downfall), Money - if I control it - I have options in my life.

Ok, I think that's enough to get started... Chat with you all soon!

Steve

Replies

• superwoman2011
    Options
    Hey steve!! I'm in the PNW too.. I've lost 50lbs recently because I wanted to be a mom who was able to be active with my son.. now I'm trying to lose a little more! Need some motivation then add me if youd like!! YOU CAN DO IT STEVE!!!!
  • stevenc68
    Options
    Ah! Great Point to add! My Motivation! I have a few;

1. More active with my family - have the energy to just do it!
    2. Went to the Dr. Said high Cholesterol and Triglycerides and bordering diabetes (Oh Noeees!) I refused the cholesterol medication and chose a more natural medication (plant sterols and stanols) along with diet and exercise)
    3. I want to look good again! so my wife stops hammering me --- ;o)

Chat soon!
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi Steve,

West coaster too... but in the SF Bay Area! I've lost more weight than I thought I could!!! 20 more to go!!!! I never thought I'd be running! Me?!?! Run?!?! and I run at least 2.6 miles a day... some days more ! You can do it!!!! It's a great place to lose weight!

Add me if you want!

L.
  • Tim_d
    Tim_d Posts: 3
    Options
    Steve,

It looks like we have roughly the same goal. I am around 250 and I want to be at 200. I could use some motivation. I'll send you a request.
  • stevenc68
    Options
    Consider it done Tim!

I started on this attempt without a group of people about a year ago by cycling to work (12.2 miles each way) - I did drop about 20lbs, but as winter set in, my cycling stopped.. needless to say I gained back some of it.. but surprisingly the cycling kept the weight off longer...

This go round, i will include cycling, lifting, and monitor calorie intake as well. When I started the second time, I did go to the Dr. for blood tests - I have those results - and I'm happy to share them... It actually is about time I go back to have a re-test... would be interesting to see if my cholesterol dropped or not with the lack of exercise and only taking a natural form of plant sterols and stanols....

More to come!