How to build a bigger and better booty

Options
So far I've just been doing only squats, the plank, push ups and some sit-ups every day. What are some good workouts to really build up the booty?

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves by Bret Contreras
  • lbaxandall
    lbaxandall Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts! Lay on the floor on your back. Bend your knees with your feet planted firmly. Push through your feet and lift your hips off the floor, engaging your glute muscles. SQUEEZE! For a bigger burn, use a barbell, or dumbbell if that's all your have available, for some extra resistance.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lunges, hip thrusts, kickbacks, walking at an incline, stairmaster, and more squats ;)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves by Bret Contreras

This program is fantastic or just check out the information from his blog. The thrust is a must :smile:

http://bretcontreras.com/
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Your diet plays a big part in this too. Just like all other muscles, you need to work them and have the surplus calories to build them.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Best thing to do is squat with a barbell with correct form. You can also sprint up hills. Air squats won't do much- getting sore from volume doesn't mean your butt will get bigger. The hip thrust is good, too, but as you get stronger you might have trouble with the weight on your hips.

PS- I can attest to all of this because after about 9 months of heavy lifting, I lost a dress size but my butt looks noticeably bigger! Like people comment on it. A lot. :#
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    SC is great but if you want to actually get bigger, not just look bigger, you'll have to eat above maintenance.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I find the quickest way to build booty is to make quick strikes on under-protected cargo ships as close to port as possible, so that you can hit and run. If you do this a few times a week and keep your lagoon a secret, your booty will be doubled or tripled in size in no time!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I find the quickest way to build booty is to make quick strikes on under-protected cargo ships as close to port as possible, so that you can hit and run. If you do this a few times a week and keep your lagoon a secret, your booty will be doubled or tripled in size in no time!

Priceless