Is drinking a glass of wine (or 2) in the evening actually good or bad??

Options
missjimmy83
missjimmy83 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2015 in Getting Started
I enjoy red wine nightly jus wondering on everyone's opinion ☺️

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories, go for it.
  • lmrudnick
    lmrudnick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do the same except white. I check my calorie intake before I have anymore than 1 glass
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Health wise red wine is good for you. However if it puts you too much over your calorie goals then it is bad.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    It can be bad if it lowers your resolve to stay on track, e.g. calories saved with the intention of using for a glass or 2 of wine is, in practice, polishing off 1-2 bottles of wine and a pizza.

I personally find it difficult to just have "a drink or two." Probably due to a mentality from my partying days where I don't see much point in consuming booze if I'm not going to get drunk. The calories of just a few drinks certainly aren't worth it to me. I'd rather use those calories for chocolate if I'm going to stay sober anyway. :)
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Agree with others that main thing that matters is whether it fits your calories. For me that means making sure I am willing to take the step of measuring my wine BEFORE I drink it. Guesstimating just doesn't work, I've found, and makes me more likely to fall prey to what Lourdesong describes. Ah, what's one more?

Some meals I really enjoy having with wine and it's worth it to me to measure a reasonable amount (not pretend I will be happy with 3-4 oz) and then log it accurately.
  • missjimmy83
    missjimmy83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :-)
  • egemens
    egemens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    From medical perspective it is good to protect heart especially if your family have heart diseases. Other wise it is fifty fifty i think, so cheers i guess..
  • zagbee
    zagbee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If it fits then go for it! I have a problem with only having 1 or 2 and I also tend to want to eat everything after having some drinks so I try and stay away from it unless it's a special occasion.