Water?

Options
How much water should I be drinking a day?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    However much satisfies you
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Drink when your thirsty. Unless you have a medical or psychological condition that alters your sense of thirst, you can trust your thirst to guide you.

Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    ^^What they said.^^
  • nicolegrant2015
    nicolegrant2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Okay because a few people told me to drink 8 bottles a day and it would just thought that was excessive
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Depends how much physical exercise you're doing. Staying adequate hydrated aids greatly in weight loss.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Okay because a few people told me to drink 8 bottles a day and it would just thought that was excessive
    It might be excessive.
    Depending on the bottle, it could hold 20 ounces of water.
    Look at how many cups of water you are drinking. Once cup is about 8 ounces.
    I drink about 4 -6 eight ounce cups of water a day, depending on the foods I am eating and my work outs.
  • TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    Options
    To add to the echo chamber, everyone's different. If you have to ask the question, you're probably already having issues with not recognizing or feeling thirst. Some folks can just know when they're thirsty. I can go all day having nothing but a single can of diet coke and not feel thirsty, though I know I need more to drink, so I don't use thirst as a gauge.

Keep an eye on your lips and your pee. If you are one of those people who constantly applies lip balm because your lips feel dry or chapped, you probably don't drink enough. I never (literally, never. I used it once as a child and not since) use lip balm and have smooth, pain free lips. If your pee is darker than what they call "pale straw colour" then you're not drinking enough.

I run about 3-4km a day, and it's winter here, so the air is super dry. I fill my water bottle (1000ml ~ 32oz) probably 3 times during a work day and drink probably another one of them in water, diet soda, and tea after I get home.

There's caveats. If you take a vitamin B supplement, your urine colour is going to be all out of whack. Also, if you're a lip licker, the enzymes in your saliva are what's causing your chapped lips. Your saliva is a first step in your digestive system, and can start to digest the delicate skin of your lips if you're a persistent lip licker.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

A well written thread with intelligent dialogue. Who knew (sarcasm) foods like vegetables and fruit provide up to 25% of your daily water need? Imagine having a diet where you aren't eating those things AND being unable to understand where dehydrations comes from. The logic fail just hurts.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Maybe, maybe not. I don't have a set amount, mainly because I can't drink anything during work hours. Some people go with the eight glasses, some go with half their body weight in ounces.