Depo-Provera Weightloss

Options
I need help!!! I got on the depo last April and only had 2 shots. It is now November and I have gained 40 plus pounds and have been bleeding for 7 months almost 8. This sucks!! I can't loose weight at all I need help some one please help!

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Hiyah been on depo for maybe 17 years now. I did have a short break from it and immediately got preggers. Few years back I decided to lose weight and I did. You just need to watch your intake as it does increase your appetite. I also added exercise into my routine. You can do it just track really carefully
  • LizaMarie78
    LizaMarie78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    cgarvey003 wrote: »
    I need help!!! I got on the depo last April and only had 2 shots. It is now November and I have gained 40 plus pounds and have been bleeding for 7 months almost 8. This sucks!! I can't loose weight at all I need help some one please help!

I was on the depo last year to control my menstrual cycle and because I was anemic and it worked for a few months then I started bleeding again for months. It was hard to do exercise and dieting since I was having heavy bleeding so I suggest you go to the doctor you might have fibroids?
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    cgarvey003 wrote: »

I was on the depo last year to control my menstrual cycle and because I was anemic and it worked for a few months then I started bleeding again for months. It was hard to do exercise and dieting since I was having heavy bleeding so I suggest you go to the doctor you might have fibroids?

This is why I went on depo to control the bleeding too heavy for me to cope. I have 3 fibroids
  • LizaMarie78
    LizaMarie78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is why I went on depo to control the bleeding too heavy for me to cope. I have 3 fibroids

I had too many fibroids so I had to get a hysterectomy last year. I have more energy since I'm not bleeding anymore and now I can go for long walks without to turn around and go home.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

I had too many fibroids so I had to get a hysterectomy last year. I have more energy since I'm not bleeding anymore and now I can go for long walks without to turn around and go home.

Oh wow. The stories of fibroids are too many impacting us all so differently. So many of my friends have them too.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have been on depo for 15 years. I have managed to gain and lose weight while on the shot. I have no period at all though. I think the shot increases appetite for some but not all.