Drinking Water

Options
I am drinking over my 8 cups of water per day. (on average 10 cups) #1 I love water. #2 water has no calories. #3 all of the other positive things you get from drinking water....

However, I have to get up in the middle of the night, almost every night to go to the bathroom. Is this normal? Are there any negative effects of drinking 10 cups of water a day?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Not getting good sleep. Drink most of your water earlier in the day.
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal. I drink a gallon a day. That equals lots of bathroom time. There is such a thing as drinking too much but 10 glasses is not too much. It's excellent for weight loss.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I stop drinking water early in the day. Also, I drink about 4-6 cups of water, depending on my other foods and work outs.
    Sleep is much more important than hitting a random water number.Take care of your sleep needs. :)
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I drink 14 cups of water per day. Start drinking your water as soon as you wake up in the morning and try to have your last cup one or two hours before going to bed for the night. I only get up once during the night. But I also drink a 16oz bottle of water with my late evening HIIT workout.
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have drank nothing but water for 32 days now. I didn't drink many other things besides water anyway, but i did give up a couple different beverages to get healthier. My point is when I drink nothing but water, I have to drink 10 - 12 cups a day, or i get dehydrated. I think my body is used to it.