Wow!!! On my way again

Options
Hi I'm a mother of two wonderful children. I work in the medical field and I enjoy people. I have decided once again to live a healthy and "liter" life. I have been on this roller coaster before, I lost 25lbs 4months ago and gained back 10. I have now lost 5lbs in three days and I'm excited. I want to lose 50lbs and this time I gonna take a different approach. I look forward to hearing any suggestions and welcome the friendship. I'm new to this site and I'm loving it.

Replies

• gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Having been a victim of the yo yo weight loss and weight gain many many times, this time I thought a new approach was in order. For me, I am not losing weight, I am changing my lifestyle. I needed to do something that I can live with and maintain for the rest of my life, well after I've reached my goal weight. So far, what has been working for me is:

1. Replace my pepsi addiction with water, and lost of it.
    2. Monitor, count, and log all of my food intake.
    3. Watch my intake of salt and fat.
    4. Incorporate exercise regularly into my routine.
    5. Change things up and come out of my comfort zone.

I highly recommend using the MFP tools as well as adding friends that will motivate and encourage you, as well as keep you accountable. Good luck on your weight loss goals.
  • lashawnd
    lashawnd Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks, that's very helpful!!! I'm doing the water (hate it) will start food log.
  • stevenc68
    stevenc68 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The water gets easier over time - my issue is coffee each day at work... with sugar (splenda) and creamer it is un-needed calories... and water is a better benefit.

Ok, now - food tracking - is SO WORTH IT... put everything in, no matter how bad the food is... you can see quickly not only if you're going over calories, but also you will consider each food before eating it because you know you have to enter it :)

Another important point of tracking - nutrients - you can see if you're over in certain categories like sat. fat or sodium for example... so you can adjust types of foods you eat or frequency....

Anyway - looking forward to sharing the process with you - and have fun above all !

Steve