Organic Farmer on a mission

Options
organicploughshare
organicploughshare Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2015 in Success Stories
I'm a 40 year old organic vegetable farmer, husband and dad of 4 boys. My journey started 3 years ago. At the time I was eating well (organic veggies, whole grains, pasture raised meats, etc) . I was also very active--- in the summer time my occupation is a very physical one and during the winter time I'd need to get to the gym 3-4 times a week. Despite that, I was not only overweight, but in the OBESE category!! In hindsight, I was very stressed out and stress can do a lot of funky things with the body (including putting on weight).
huj8sqygj2tf.jpg

I got started on my health journey of January of 2013. I did a program of nutritional cleansing. In the first 30 days I shed 30lbs!! But what's more is that I had my energy and vitality back!!! It was like I was running on all cylinders again. I went on to shed 60lbs total, trained for my first triathlon and really have become in the best shape of my life.
For the past year my goals have really shifted into putting on more lean muscle mass. I started Crossfit a year ago. This has been great in many aspects. But now, I'm ready to take things to the next level.
I got started on a 16 week program working with a personal trainer really tweaking what I'm doing. My goal is to really take my body fat down 12% or below over the next 16 weeks. I started off on November 7th.

Here is my current results (It's November 24th)
Progress report since November 7th. (17 days.)
Starting weight:195lbs
Current weight: 182.8

Starting fat:18.4%
Current fat:16.7%

Starting muscle:40.2%
Current muscle:41.2%

Please feel free to follow my journey either here or on my facebook page. I'll try to reveal as much as what I'm doing as possible!

Replies

• beautyonthebeach83
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! And thank you for growing organic food.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    You look more like a 40 year old human than 40 year old organic vegetable! Grats on your progress thus far!

;-) I wanted to make that comment
  • organicploughshare
    Options
    LOL BEAST... Thanks for catching that
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Looking good lad :-)
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yay - I am an organic farmer as well:) I can attest to stress=putting on weight, despite eating delicious, healthy food! Way to good, you look great!
  • pippypuppy
    pippypuppy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Excellent results! No doubt you will hit your goal. Keep us posted!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Awesome achievement :mrgreen:
    Much good luck with your 16 week program.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Great progress. My family used to be in the farming business 2 generations ago. My great grandfather used to sow seeds that produced a special blue dye (along with potatoes, rice and tobacco) for the British in the east of India during the 1930s. It is really hard work and I have a deep appreciation for what they do. Again congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!