Looking for motivation. 270ish to 150 or so

Options
lreints
lreints Posts: 23 Member
This is where if like to be. I'm 5'4" and would love to see some motivating before/after pics and how long it took and what you did to achieve it. I'm 3 weeks in and down 8 lbs so far.

Replies

• ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am 5'4 and started at 268lbs 21 months ago and have lost 120lbs so far.

r4f4w2bln5xa.jpg

cdhwrb11532p.jpg

I walk 30-45 minutes every single day and I eat 1300-1500 calories per day. I weigh all my food on a scale for accuracy and eat whatever I want that fits into my calorie goals. Nothing that is not sustainable for me. I have a Fitbit zip to estimate my daily calorie burn (tdee). Calories in vs out, it works and is all you need! That and consistency :)

• sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    I am 5'4 and started at 268lbs 21 months ago and have lost 120lbs so far.

Wow!! Way to go. In 21 months!?! crushin it!

• ElvenToad
    Options
    Thanks!
  • lreints
    Options
    You are doing great! Glad you said how much you eat per day. I have mine set at 1.5 lb loss per week and it has me at 1600 cals a day but I feel like that could be too much. I might adjust it a bit. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm only 4 lbs lighter than what you started at. Hoping to be where you are in a couple years or less.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow girl your looking good, I have been following your process and hats off to you x
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    lreints wrote: »
    You are doing great! Glad you said how much you eat per day. I have mine set at 1.5 lb loss per week and it has me at 1600 cals a day but I feel like that could be too much. I might adjust it a bit. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm only 4 lbs lighter than what you started at. Hoping to be where you are in a couple years or less.

You're welcome, and you can always play around with your calories and figure out what works best for you. If you stick with it you will meet your goals and the time really does fly by. I can't believe I've been losing consistently for almost two years now. Crazy!

• ElvenToad
    Options
    Wow girl your looking good, I have been following your process and hats off to you x

Thank you so much!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I cant post pictures from work, but you can see my profile pic. I am 5'4. I started out nearly 3 years ago, at 268 pounds. I weigh 150 now and have been maintaining for about a year and a half. You can do this!!
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You've done an awesome job!! You look great??
  • deeecruz
    deeecruz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I'm 22, 4'11 165 to135 in 6 months :)7g0y31orciqb.jpeg
  • lreints
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    I cant post pictures from work, but you can see my profile pic. I am 5'4. I started out nearly 3 years ago, at 268 pounds. I weigh 150 now and have been maintaining for about a year and a half. You can do this!!

Wow. What an inspiration! Huge difference! For the first time I feel like I've got this. I've always been one of those Monday dieters. Always have great intentions starting Monday then it's out the door part way throughout the day. One of my biggest achievements is giving up drinking ALL alcohol for now. I was drinking so many calories each day. I promised myself no alcohol until I go to Vegas in May. Then I'll have some :)
  • lreints
    Options
    deeecruz wrote: »
    You go girl! I'm 22, 4'11 165 to135 in 6 months :)7g0y31orciqb.jpeg

Awesome job! You look wonderful. Very inspiring that it can be done. Heck...I would love to look like your before picture right now :) but really...you look great.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Yall look amazing ! I'll be glad when I have pictures to show off (;
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!