Stopped logging for 2 Months now.........

Options
ExRelaySprinter
ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
edited November 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
......and i've stayed the same weight! Yayy.
I do still weigh certain things like Rice, Pasta, Cereal - but i haven't logged one thing!
I've had Pizza, Big Restaurant Meals, Alcohol etc. - so it's not like i've been depriving myself either.
So it IS possible.
Thought i'd be logging forever! Lol

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a great achievement to be able not to log everyday and have things in your control more so without focusing on calories all the time .
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Alas, not sure I'll be able to do that. When I stop logging, I become a little careless, then a lot careless. Even going by the "how your clothes fit" is too loosey goosey to me. I gained 20+ lbs over 3.5 months of not logging and my clothes are only a little uncomfortable. I was shocked to see it was over 20 lbs...I figured I'd picked up about 15 lbs since I could still fit into my clothes that fit "just fine" not too long ago. The clothes are a little snug, but not outrageously tight like I'd expect them to be considering how much weight I gained (about 23 lbs.) I wasn't getting on the scale either ...just just be sure to periodically weigh yourself! :)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    just be sure to periodically weigh yourself! :)
    Yep.
    I weigh myself once every 2 weeks.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Wtg :smile:

I tried that approach and had to return to logging as I also got slack. I went logging free for around 2 months and maintained nicely then vacation happened and I couldn't lose the 4lbs I gained without logging once more.....sighhhhh
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Well done @ExRelaySprinter
    I hope you can keep it up.

I have not logged consistently for about 5 years.
    I will log for a couple of months if my workout routine changes, just to get my personal TDEE.
    And if I am losing or gaining without any apparent reason. Losing is generally down to exercise burn miscalculation, gaining is my portion sizes are growing a little.

Cheers, h.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    Options
    I have not logged consistently for about 5 years.
    Wow! Now that's impressive!
    I hope to follow in your footsteps. :)
  • ilovesweeties
    ilovesweeties Posts: 84 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That's great! I am really impressed.

I've been attempting maintenance since end of June. It was going ok, although I had dropped a little below. But! I have been careless with my logging over the last month; it's as if I am allowed two Double Deckers in one setting because I have done so well over the last year. when I say careless with my logging, I mean not logging because I don't want to admit what I have eaten! Add in a short (but food-filled) holiday last weekend and I am up 6 from original goal and feeling like miles away from a lower goal I have been musing on! I can feel my clothes starting to get a little tighter too :'(

So, despite it being my birthday this weekend and Christmas on the way, I am back in the saddle. Calorie goal is cut and dedication (addiction?) to logging is on. Fitness blender is replacing my running on the days when the Scottish weather is too miserable to venture out into. Hoping to at least make it through Christmas without adding any more!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeeet.

The great thing is given you now have competency in calorie counting it is a skill you can use if needs in specific scenarios going forwards (I find it easier to use calorie counting to drop some weight for a sporting event or to help me understand why I am be dropping or gaining weight unexpectedly.)

It's great to have options!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    congrats.
    Some people find they learn so much about portion size that logging isn't as important after a few months. I found I ritualized some good habits, and my meals were pretty consistent from day to day. Seems like you have this figured out.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    That's impressive! Good for you.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This is great! I too feel like I'll be logging forever. Hopefully someday I'll be able to not log every single bite.
  • Aani15
    Aani15 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good on you!
    But regular users like me would get lost without logging, MFP app without calorie count option and MFP community without CICO logic, hmm, don't know about that!
    :/
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That is awesome! I don't log on weekends or holidays and also take a week or two here and there from logging. I have maintained my weight for the past 3 years doing it this way. I usually don't change my eating habits that often and rarely eat cake, pies or any of the things that contain Gluten due to Celiacs so that helps in my case.