hit the weight loss wall

Options
In need of some advice. I started this journey around 5months ago was 13 stone and now 10 stone 9, but seem to be stuck. My goal is 9 stone.
I calorie control everyday, ive cut out potatoes and pasta as they made me feel yuck and bloated all the time. I drink only water.
I used to run nearly 2miles a day but atm im doing 30 day shred dvd (level 2).
I really wanna see this weight slowly start dropping off again, im losing faith in myself :(. I dont feel myself going for the treats or even wating them so im confused with it all. HELP!!!!!!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How long have you stalled for?

Don't panic

When did you start 30 day shred?

• taylorgouldie
    taylorgouldie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Its been a month ive been stuck and I started 30 day shred 14 days ago. Going up the levels every 10 days.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    it's a stall

if you're doing everything right hold tight and keep doing it

starting a new exercise routine or change up in exercise will result in water weight increase (as will hormones around ovulation and periods, sodium, increased carbs)

you're probably due a whoosh

give it another couple of weeks

you could look at tightening up your logging - are you weighing everything accurately - are you choosing the right database entries and double checking them

• taylorgouldie
    Options
    I hope it'll pass. I weight everything that passes my lips.
    Thank you
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Agree with the rabbit, it's only a stall and should pass, but .... the closer you get to goal, the tighter your logging needs to be.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    it took me a good 3 weeks to see any loss when i began a new exercise - dam water retention i was ready to quite then bam week 4, 2lbs loss it began moving again -
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    When I change up my exercise routine I stall a bit, then after a few weeks the scale will start moving again. It can be discouraging, but keep going! It is so worth it in the end.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone above, it is almost definitely due to new exercise routines (among other things) but it's always worth double checking your goal. Have you adjusted your calorie goal since you first input your stats? MFP is meant to adjust your deficit as you lose automatically but doesn't always.
  • taylorgouldie
    Options
    Since I started dieting ive been on 1200 calories a day
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    What are you saying, KrisiAnn? That you're supposed to eat fewer calories as you get closer to your goal?
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What are you saying, KrisiAnn? That you're supposed to eat fewer calories as you get closer to your goal?

No not necessarily, just that as you get nearer your goal, if you maintain your calorie goal, your deficit will decrease.
    If OP was on say, 1800 when she started and at a rate of loss of 1lb, after losing a certain amount of weight, 1800 would no longer be a deficit (causing her to 'plateau' as that'd actually be maintenance). And so then she'd need to reduce her calories. MFP is supposed to adjust your calorie intake so that you maintain the same level of deficit, but it doesn't always (I lose a considerable amount of weight and still had to readjust it myself).

But as she's on 1200 that's obviously not the issue :) I just felt it may be something to bear in mind.