Fitbit Charge has 100 steps out of the box

Options
bkjama
bkjama Posts: 3 Member
Hello, I just set up my fitbit charge and it said 100 steps prior to going anywhere. It now shows 140 steps after moving a little. Did anyone else have steps already on their fitbit or is mine inaccurate? I just got it today so I can send it back if there is something wrong.

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't that be just moving it around as you purchased it?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It's probably just from the box moving. It's not going to be accurate the first day. It assumes you were alive all day, even before you purchased it and will give you calorie credit for that time. Once you have a day or so with wearing it 24 hours it will be more accurate.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    it's an accelerometer not a true step counter, so movements it interprets as steps are counted as such - shaking it for example.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Moderator here.

Usually the movement of the box and the setup process will mark as steps. You can delete them by creating a Driving log

Have fun! :)
  • bkjama
    Options
    Thank you Helen. I forgot all about those 100 initial steps. I've been using my fitbit and I love it! It makes me want to walk all the time. I reached 20,000 steps the next day and again yesterday.
  • bkjama
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for responding, just seeing your replies now. Yes I agree it was the movements as there was nothing to turn on. I just put it on my wrist and it started tracking. I am really enjoying my fitbit.