How often do you weigh in?

Options
niknak0508
niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
I've been weighing every week. Sometimes I check in the middle of the week, but record at the end. Is that good or bad?

Replies

• monalba
    monalba Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been told by family and friends to weigh in at the same time in the morning once a week. This way when your weight goes up or down you are not upset over it and can actually gauge your process for the whole week.
  • teresamellor
    Options
    hi my name is terry and i usualy weight in once a week usualy on a monday .the same as i do on the biggest loser diet club:smile:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning.
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    bump
  • CarmenMSU
    CarmenMSU Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi- I weigh in once a month.
  • lola8403
    lola8403 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I try and weight myself once a day, usually in the mornings right after I wake up. I don't necessarily always record my weight on here every day though. While I like to see the little changes when I weight daily, I like to see the big dramatic changes when I weight in here.
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    i only weigh in once a week. same day, in the morning after i wake up. otherwise i get disappointed with the scale and i dont want to obsess over that for the week.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week. Which is the one I record. However I do step on the scale daily. I have found that my weight can fluctuate 3-4 pounds a day, depending on what I have eaten. This helps me understand why there are weeks I did everything right, but don't show a weight loss. For me the ups and downs of the scale don't stress me out. I look for the big picture over time.
  • Jo_Bird
    Jo_Bird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. For me it keeps me motivated to keep the same weight and reach for the next pound. And, if the scale starts tipping up I know I need to rethink my weeks eating habits and workouts. I think whatever you feel works best for you is the answer.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi- I weigh in once a month.

I have "scale" issues that have in the past lead to some very unhealthy eating habits. So, even though I'm only two weeks in, I plan to weigh in once a month too. But, my real progress will be measured with a measuring tape and my clothes.
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week and check my weight probably every day just for reference. I would not officially record your weight every day b/c it would be in accurate....considering your weight can fluctuate considerably from day to day. A solid week is a long enough amount of time to determine if you lost or gained.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. I seem to be more accountable that way.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday.
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    every morning right after i wake up
  • kimmy123456
    Options
    Every morning as soon as I get up, keeps me accountable.
  • buckeyebuc
    buckeyebuc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My official MFP weigh in is every monday morning, thats the one i log but i step on the scale 5+ times a day. It has given me a much better understanding of what my body goes through. I can see 3-5 lb weight fluctuations that used to scare the hell out of me but I have learned to cope with the changes the longer I am at it. All that, or i'm just twisted :D
  • gertbyc
    gertbyc Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when I get up. In the past, when I would weigh in once a week, I would get really depressed if the scale only dropped a bit, stayed the same, or even went up. It would feel like a huge disappointment after a week's worth of work. Now, I can see how my body weight fluctuates daily yet is slowly dropping overall. In addition, the daily weigh in helps me stay focused, motivated, and accountable.

I like to update my weight on MFP each time I feel confident that I've actually lost a pound. Then again, I'm just starting out... so we'll see how it goes!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Daily. I am near the end of my weight loss journey so don't lose weight quickly (or indeed at all over the last 8+ months) and weighing in daily helps me understand my bodies natural fluctuations and in what way doing certain things affects the scale for me.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I weigh in a couple of times a week. But I only record my weight once a week, and the other weigh in is just so I can see where I'm at and make sure I'm on the right track.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing every week. Sometimes I check in the middle of the week, but record at the end. Is that good or bad?

I think that sounds good (and healthy! lol). I *try* to weigh in only on Fridays. But depending on my mood, I've been known to weigh myself everyday (I can get a little obsessive...thus the name NeuroticVirgo).

But once a week is a good way to monitor, and gives enough time to see a difference usually without watching the fluctuation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!