How much water?

Options
I have read a few places say you should drink half your body weight in ounces of water a day, as opposed to the 64 ounces a day. That would mean I would be drinking 150 ounces nearly, and my husband a whopping 200 ounces a day! Does that sound right? It seems excessive..

Replies

• jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can't get passed 32oz. *sigh
  • beckusjane
    beckusjane Posts: 112
    Options
    I stick with 64 oz and I have lost almost 26#s. I think the other numbers seems excessive.
  • amandakoorime
    Options
    I've read 8 glasses of 8 oz of water.... Which is the 64 oz of water... I find that that is the most constant number out there. Trying to have 150 oz of water or even 200 oz of water sounds like you might get water poisoning cause all you'd be doing all day is drinking!

I'd stick to around 64 oz of water, that's what I'm trying to do.

4702376.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I drink 96oz a day. I have a 32oz cup that I fill 3x a day and keep it with me at all times.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    On days I don't workout, I drink 9-10 8oz glasses per day, on days I do workout, I try for 11-15 8oz glasses. Just depends on how thirsty I am. But I do notice the more water I drink, the less hungry I am most days.
  • ScoutMomAng
    Options
    I drink almost a gallon of water a day. It's all I drink. Its much easier on the days I work than it is on days I don't. I worked my way up to the nearly one gallon. I also add the crystal light packets to make it seem like I'm drinking other things, like lemonade. Each packet only adds 5 calories. I think it's worth it to "trick" my mind into thinking I'm having a sugary fattening drink!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I drink 100 ounces of water per day, but not more than that. It really helps you and keeps you young and full of energy :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I generally drink between 80-120 ounces of water a day and I expect I'll be drinking more once summer is in full force.

Side note is that water poisoning is not going to happen if you're spacing it out during the course of a full day.
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I drink 100 ounces of water per day, but not more than that. It really helps you and keeps you young and full of energy :-)

Me too. I try to average between 12 and 14 8oz. glasses a day. Since I've started drinking that much, my skin has been better, running and cardio has been easier, and I just feel better over all :D
  • WifenMom
    WifenMom Posts: 40
    Options
    On my prgram I'm on they recommend 96 ounces of water each day. I do find that when I reach that goal everyday - I do lose weight - and I do feel less bloated and just generally feel "better" on the inside.
    Water flushes our kidneys and liver, and our liver actually help to metabolize fat - therefore when we are drinking enough water our liver can "concentrate" so to speak on the fat burning process, instead of filtering out other bad things (soda, sweet beverages, etc) which then distracts from the fat metabolizing process (hope I explained that right)
    So drinking LOTS of water is KEY to losing weight.
    As important as getting at least 7 hours sleep each night.
    This program, I've been on it for sometime now and I do truly see a big difference when I'm lacking in the water or sleep department!
    Hope that helps! Take care and best wishes for success, Laurie
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have a plastic container from starbucks that is 24oz and I try to drink that at least twice a day and the first day I tried with it, I drank around 7 and a half of them. Had to pee so much.

I, like others, find it much easier to drink while at work, since I am bored and somewhat hungry. Whenever I have a tingle of being hungry or craving something, I try to drink a big gulp of water.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I drink at least a gallon a day. Your body needs water more than it needs food.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I weigh 145lbs and I drink 80-100oz a day (and even more if I have too much sodium).
  • Miss_Sissy
    Miss_Sissy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I drink 96oz a day. I have a 32oz cup that I fill 3x a day and keep it with me at all times.

I'm with you. I have a 24 oz cup I take everywhere with me. I get 96 oz (filled 4x's) I do actually fill it a 5th but most of the time I don't log that one, it's late, bed time, .......