Changing One Small Habit at a Time

Options
I emptied the trash in my bathroom and there was a basket of food wrappers - visual evidence of a habit - eating a small bar or SkinnyCow icecream sandwich before bed. They were within my calorie tolerance, but that 150 cals a day was habit which didn't need to be and likely added a pound a month. This was an improvement over the shots of bourbon and chips of a previous habit. But, I could do better. I haven't stopped that last bite entirely, but I now keep small mints in the freezer - 60 cals if I get one. Progress, not perfection.

Replies

• Michelle9912
    Michelle9912 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the strides in progress!
  • Sandra448
    Sandra448 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Maybe a small habit could be not eating in your bedroom/bathroom. Sounds like you are aware, which is very important.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. I agree. I've found that the biggest changes I've made started out with very small changes that compounded over time. Good job!
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome attitude @FredKing1 and way to go!
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    One small change for me is to look at the foods calorific amount and ask myself is it worth it and look for something lower. Keep within my daily allowance without depriving myself. Good Luck everyone.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's how you do it! Good attitude :)
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    How is everyone?
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    One change to work on today, move more. The ladt hour I have been putting messages on MFP. Good Luck everyone.