Should I not eat a full meal so I don't have to exercise or

Options
Should I not eat a full meal so I don't have to exercise or exercise so I can eat?????

Replies

• Billlau
    Billlau Posts: 1
    Options
    I think the trick is to find an exercise that you really like to do. Then you get the benefit of losing weight and doing something you enjoy. I personally enjoy hiking with my dog. Just a 30 minute hike burns 330 calories.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Don't skip a meal! That's horrible for your metabolism. work out to eat! Def with Billau on this one, find something you like to do and do it. I love walking, and now biking, and doing my weights. I am pushing myself by mixing htings up and doing Jillians 6 week 6 pack :) Just put a half hour aside a day to do some type of exercise :)
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat so I would find a healthy meal instead of not eating or eating less. I typically only take one day off from the gym a week and I have a hard time eating on that day without over doing it.
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    - If you skip a meal you will more than likely have a moment later in the evening and blow the whole day. Excercise then eat!!!!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    *sniff sniff* i smell a troll. come on already.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You should exercise not because you are trying to lose weight, but because you are trying to change your body for the better. Losing weight is really more of a bonus. Exercise to get stronger, build endurance, improve cardiovascular function, and just generally feel better.

Now, on occasion when you aren't feeling it and you have a choice, there is nothing wrong with skipping a day of exercise and watching the portions.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Do you just mean this in one instance like for dinner tonight, or every day? How many days a week do you exercise now?
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    What I do is I eat smaller meals, instead of larger ones, so I spread my calories out over the day more. Helps me feel fuller throughout the day, and that was I don't skip meals, so my metabolism stays up.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Not eating a proper meal should never be an option.......make sure you give your body what it needs - and you know what if you go over your calories once in a blue moon your body actually forgives you for it.....I had an "over" day on Friday - and still lost 1.1 kg when I got on the scale on Sunday.....

But doing some exercise actually really invigorates you - so why not give it a try :-)
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ummmm. NO!
  • maja7
    maja7 Posts: 9
    Options
    I say... eat for nutrition and exercise for overall health!!! :)
  • rachaelcc
    rachaelcc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should always alway always take regular exercise regardless of calories! Exercise helps with stress, energy levels, ability to focus and self esteem. It can seem so simple and clean cut if you just look at calories but remember, this is life, it's not about finding a quick-fix or solution that will make you instantly thin, it is about living a happy, fulfilling life and exercise can really help you do that. Once you get over the rubbish part where it is always hard and get to the bit where you start to become good at things and achieve goals you will be so happy you chose to become healthier, not just thinner. Keep at it! You can do it!
  • CoachKaren
    CoachKaren Posts: 90
    Options
    SO TRUE!
  • JaniceMaynard
    Options
    Wow so many responses and I just posted this. I should have been more specific as I would never skip a meal I was just thinking out loud really. I really don't like exercise so I think I'm trying to find a way out of it today and that way would be to have a smaller dinner. I did swim a little today with my son but really need to hit the elliptical if I want to eat a decent dinner and still hit my calories in and calories out. I'm close to my goal weight and it's getting harder to lose so that is frustrating me right now. Thanks for all the responses though... pretty neat since this is my first ever post. Which leads me to a question..... what does smelling a troll mean???? that was a strange response.
  • JaniceMaynard
    Options
    Maja = great advise... I will have to remember this quote.
  • JaniceMaynard
    Options
    mbcarreno08 - I am basically on the elliptical at least 20 min 5-6 days a week just to keep my calories in and calories out at a decent level. I usually go over my calories allotment for the day so I HAVE to exercise most days. It would be nice just to be able to NOT have to exercise each day to make up for what I eat.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Which leads me to a question..... what does smelling a troll mean???? that was a strange response.

A troll is someone who will post something just to start arguments and fights on message boards. It was a strange comment since you have been here since March.

Sundays are my only non exercise day so all my meals that day are smaller and more thought out. I switch off between C25K and Curves, it helps me not become bored with exercise. I plan on starting Jillian's 30 shred in July....God help me....I think she will be kicking my butt at first....lol

Do you go to a gym? Maybe one of the spinning classes would be a good alternative to just the elliptical.