newbie, help be appreciated

Options
I'm not extremely overweight, but I'm certainly not happy. any tips and advice on how to lose a bit would be great, yeah eating healthy and doing exercise but that's not enough for me lol. Recently bought myself an exercise bike again. Had before and lost a wee bit of weight, I just can't seem to find the motivation anymore :(

Replies

• Markcusa
    Markcusa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do you know how make of your caloric intake is sugar ?, if not burnt right away sugar calories will be instantly stored as fat in you fat cells.
  • gbutler0140
    gbutler0140 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Motivation is hard to hold on to. It seems to come and go. But it seems like it's important to just keep pushing yourself until you find the balance that makes you happy and, most importantly, healthy. There are tons of ways to become more active stay in great shape. I would suggest signing up for a run... 5k, 10k, half marathon? If you train for it then you have a goal, something to work toward. And you can set smaller goals along the way. And it becomes really encouraging when you start to notice yourself improving. The nice thing about running is that you can train by yourself, with one other person, or with 20 other people and you still get the same benefits to your perfromance. But there are other ways too. I commute to work on my bike. It's fun for me, 'cause I like riding, but it also is good cardio. Or you can dance three or four hours a week. That's also fun, and also great cardio. I feel like the most important thing is to keep working at it. Even when you lose your motivation, just keep coming back to it. You will eventually find inspiration again, just takes a little time.
    -all the best
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    melissa, you're gorgeous... don't worry so much :p