New mum

Options
Hi all, just getting back into the swing of things after a Caesarian three weeks ago. I am mixed feeding bub (breast and bottle) and thankful to be over the craving for ice cream that I had in the last couple of months of pregnancy!

Any other mums with new bubs looking for encouragement and support?

Replies

• MummyUrsula
    MummyUrsula Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I'm a mum of 2. My girl is now almost 3 years old and my boy is 9 months. It's the sitting at home all day that's make me snack a lot and I can't get out to the gym.
    All the best and take things easy - you still have 3 more weeks of postpartum recovery :smile:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    My #1 advice (for me, not judging anyone) is to pick either bottle or breast and make your life simpler. Been there, done that, and realised that trying to do both was just getting me to the path to insanity. Like I said, I am not judging either way, have done formula and exclusively breastfeeding with different kids, but trying the combination, ugh...
    Other than this, enjoy your baby, relax, focus on resting and do not go crazy about exercising or having a "perfect" nutrition, these first weeks are about recovering, getting used to the new family member and just surviving :)
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i agree pumping adds tons of time. i find it much easier to ebf. i want to pump just a bit so i have some in the freezer in case of emergency but that's all i plan to do.

on finding time to exercise- i remember having this reAlization with my first: i could either:
    1- pack up the baby, drive to the gym, work out while worrying about my baby, pack us both up, drive home. total time: 2 hrs. total calories burned: maybe 400.
    or
    2- choose a plain tea or coffee over my starbucks fancy drink, about 500 calories. total time: 10 seconds (to make the decision)
    bottom line: i found/find it much easier as a mom w a baby to focus on the diet side of the equation. i do try to walk and add exercise as i can because it boosts my mood, but just when i'm not overwhelmed w daily life!
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i think i posted my response on the wrong thread, sorry!