What would cause 2 1/2 kg gain?  

Options
i am feeling so down cause of this gain in weight :( I want know why!! Pls check my food diary and tell me ur feedback. I had my period for the last 10 days and about to finish by tomorrow. I am also on medication for panic disorder.

Replies

• sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You had your period for ten days? That is very long. I would see a gyno about that if you haven't.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking its water weight. Your period can do that to you, but it seems you're doing a good job eating your calories and drinking plenty of water. I'd wait a few more days and see what happens.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I gain about 5kg when I have my period. It then comes off again 2 days after my period finishes.

How often do you weigh yourself? Did you gain weight while being on your period before??
  • spitfire423
    Options
    i have done the same thing....i lost 5 pounds and gained it all back, i have had two "cheat" days this weekend bc of my hubbys birthday but i had gained it all back before this weekend. i know how you feel....but never fear we will get back on track....
  • HaveWill
    HaveWill Posts: 16
    Options
    I usually gain 1 or 1.5 kg but not 2.5!!! I did see a gynecologist and this is because I use IUD as a contraceptive.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    Don't worry , you're not overeating, so it should go soon.

Are you drinking enough water? It's very hot where you are. Are you using too much salt maybe?? Salt can make you retain water aswell.