Seeking Progress/After Pics & maybe some tips [plz]: Women around 5'5", Start weight around 250

Options
As my title suggests, I'm restarting. I don't look 250 pounds, but it bothers me enough to need to start doing something again. I'm just looking for some motivation and perhaps some tips regarding your routine.
Just a note: I'm not looking for food advice, because I'm already very cautious with that. The workouts are always what throws me.
Thank you in advance!

Replies

• rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Swimming is 600 to 1000 calories per hour.
  • Happyash14
    Happyash14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started my journey in 2013. I have now lost 100 pounds. There was a pregnancy in between the years too and some falling off the wagon and not caring. But as of now I'm down 100lbs. I stick to a high protein low carb diet and take a few dietary supplements that help me with cravings and appetite
  • lallen7991
    lallen7991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started the 21 Day Fix back in January. As of today I'm down 88 pounds. At first I wasn't sure about it because it is around $60 and I didn't know if I really wanted to spend that money on something they you had to order. Now, I think it was the best $60 I could have spent! The routines are 30 minutes long and are different for each day. There are modifiers if you need to start at a lower level and work your way up. I get up and do the workout first thing. That way nothing can get in the way and keep me from getting it done. There us also a meal plan that comes with it, but I use it as a guide and log all my food into MFP. There is also "Shakeolgy" that you are supposed to use but I didn't really care for it. Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine.

Remember whatever plan you decide to go with that you have to be completely committed to it or you will go off track. Mind over matter! Good luck!
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I started at 254 lbs as well back in May I am not even down 50lbs yet but I am down quite a few inches. I tell people that I am still over 200lbs and none of them believe me it truly is a great feeling. I work out 6 days a week and give myself Saturdays off. I change my workout routines about every three months or so sometimes more often. My advice on working out is find something you absolutely love!! I love something called WERQ it is a dance fitness class I could do it every day. So no matter what I felt like I could always get myself to that class it didn't matter how I felt that day. Now I am getting into lifting more an am loving it so now I have two things I can't wait to go too. Finding things like this will really help a lot its fun instead of a chore. mem5key3flcl.jpg
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Started at 251, currently around 160. My goal is 130-140

ft1285lw40rm.png
    hg5fql6vhfz2.jpg
  • 2bfit_2016
    2bfit_2016 Posts: 13 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Don't have progress pics but I went from 230 lbs to 157 in 8 months and now trying to get down to 125 lbs. I did a lot of walking in the beginning of my journey 2+ hours a day now I do jogging/running/lifting for 1- 2 hours everyday. I've lost over 11 inches from my waist total. I was 49 inches in my waist when I started and today I am 33 inches. Hopefully the inches can put into perspective how big I was and how small I am now. My ultimate goal is to lose another 5-6 inches off my waist because the fat is still there and there is a lot left to work on.
  • 2bfit_2016
    2bfit_2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oops I meant to say 15 inches off my waist total ** just realized that mistake
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!