In a Slump, Need Inspiration!

Options
I've had a VERY stressful couple of weeks. I haven't been logging my food at all :-(
Nor have I had time to exercise. It's amazing how fast the weight comes back on.

I need to get back on the horse despite these stressful times.

What helps people out there to feel motivated during stressful times?

Replies

• BigMikeP81
    BigMikeP81 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What motivates me is life. Back in May I had an aortic aneurysm and had to have open heart surgery. My heart surgeon gave me a 50/50 survival chance. During recovery my wife kicked me out of my home and I moved back around my family. I was reminded of what I have to live for and that is my family. It's a frustrating journey full of attempted roadblocks and setbacks, but with the right motivation and support system it can be done. Feel free to add me if you need someone to cheer you on and help keep you motivated during your journey.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Looking at my progress pics helps motivate me, not forgetting how horrible I felt back then! Also how proud my husband is to have me on his arm, superficial I know but never thought that would be me!!
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Believe it or not, I feel better when I exercise. Even walking the dogs for a little while makes me feel better. I don't mean going to the gym, but doing something active that you like to do. Even if it's a wrestling match with the hubby :)
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have photos of me 10 pounds ago, 20 pounds ago, 30 pounds ago and 40 pounds ago, on my phone and I look at these from time to time for motivation.
    I have 40 pounds to go and have had a 4 week plateau, since Halloween.
    I'm hanging in there because it's better to keep off what I've already lost than give up and regain it all. And I believe if I keep going, I will start losing weight again eventually.
    I hope this is helpful.
  • lovelymusiclady
    lovelymusiclady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! Great tips!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Get through the holidays by holding the line where you are. Start logging. Maintenance is OK. Regroup at the end of the month. That's my strategy, at any rate.
  • knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Walk, walk, walk. There is no better way to clear your head. :)
  • pelledge2015
    pelledge2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Remember everything takes effort whether it's our body or our relationships. If we don't work at the things that matter most to us it falls apart.
    Your body is your temple.