Yoga DVD help

Options
I am wanting to buy a yoga DVD (I am in Australia so will need one that will work here). Does any one have any suggestions for DVD's that they have used?

I have been to a couple of classes and I just can't fit them into my schedule. I do a weekly bootcamp and will be adding another one into the mix this week. The days the yoga class is on just doesn't work but I really enjoyed them. Any suggestions would be great :)

Replies

• paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wei Lana dvds. Yoga instructor recommended them-good stuff.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I really like Bryan Kest. Three levels on his dvd and he's a very encouraging instructor. Each class is about 45 minutes. He also has an audio book called "Long, Slow and Deep." An hour and a half of mostly seated poses and deep stretches held for a number of breaths.

Tried Rodney Yee, Patricia (Waller, I think.), Yoga Shakti, and others. All good, but Bryan Kest is my fav.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    ^^^Patricia Walden! She's my favorite in her detailed instruction, but her routines all together aren't always my favorite. I do suggest her DVD, but it can be a bit slow in places, and I like more variety, too. I like the difficulty she teaches for some moves.

A really fun one was called 10 Minute Solutions Yoga with Lara Hudson. It's divided into 10 minute sessions that the DVD lets you combine any way you like.

I like the Yoga Zone DVDs, too. They are usually interesting and fun, with good instruction.

I do my own now, mostly, after taking classes for years, too. But I still pull out the ones I mentioned sometimes.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Do you have an iPad or tablet? I like the Fitstar Yoga app. Rather than a DVD which gives you the same routine every time, the app gives a unique taylor made routine each session.