Crockpot

Options
gmann1973
gmann1973 Posts: 247
One of my mfp friends gave me a great crockpot recipe. it left me wanting MORE!!!!!!! LOL Its just my son and I and inbetween work, lifting, cardio, and spending time with my son I dont have time for much else.(lord forbid if I had to fit in a girl friend lol) So I found it amazingly easy to use my crockpot, in fact went and bought a bigger one it worked so well. Now I need your help please send me your healty crockpot recipes and I will forever be in your debt. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Kickin' Chicken Chili (Better Homes and Garden) *** It's already in the database***

2 lbs. bonless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1 inch pieces

2 tsp. ground cumin

1/4 tsp. salt

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 16-oz. jar of salsa (I used mild, but if you like more heat use medium or hot)

1 16-oz. package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, red peppers, and onion)

(I used fresh onions and peppers - yellow, orange, and red - don't like green)

1 15-oz. can cannelini beans (white kidney beans)

1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic (a.k.a. Italian style)

Sour Cream (optional)

Cheddar Cheese (optional)

1. In a large bowl, toss chicken with cumin and salt to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off fat. Place chicken in a 4- or 5- quart slow cooker. Stir in salsa, stir-fry vegetables, beans, and undrained tomatoes.

2. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

3. If desired, top with sour cream and cheese.

Makes about 6- 8 - 1 1/2 cup servings (for me, 1 cup was plenty filling)

Nutrition Info (1 1/2 cup serving size): 305 cal, 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 41 g protein.
  • Erica1965
    Erica1965 Posts: 36
    Options
    I love my crockpot! It's so easy and it always come's out good. Try this website:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_slow_cooker_recipes

There's tons of good recipes on the internet for healthy crockpot meals. Best of luck! :)
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    Kickin' Chicken Chili (Better Homes and Garden) *** It's already in the database***

2 lbs. bonless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1 inch pieces

2 tsp. ground cumin

1/4 tsp. salt

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 16-oz. jar of salsa (I used mild, but if you like more heat use medium or hot)

1 16-oz. package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, red peppers, and onion)

(I used fresh onions and peppers - yellow, orange, and red - don't like green)

1 15-oz. can cannelini beans (white kidney beans)

1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic (a.k.a. Italian style)

Sour Cream (optional)

Cheddar Cheese (optional)

1. In a large bowl, toss chicken with cumin and salt to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off fat. Place chicken in a 4- or 5- quart slow cooker. Stir in salsa, stir-fry vegetables, beans, and undrained tomatoes.

2. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

3. If desired, top with sour cream and cheese.

Makes about 6- 8 - 1 1/2 cup servings (for me, 1 cup was plenty filling)

Nutrition Info (1 1/2 cup serving size): 305 cal, 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 41 g protein.

I need to try this. Thanks for sharing.
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use the web site called myrecipes,com Everytime i made something from this site it was delicious.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    See allrecipes.com, epicurious.com, foodnetwork.com
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    the possibilitys are endless with a crock pot!
    It mostly depends on your taste.

My current favorite (and the one my family sighs when they see me making AGAIN) is

1 boneless pork roast (or loin, Costco has loins @99%fat free)
    1 large jar diced green chiles (or I like to use salsa verda sometimes too)

cook around 4or5 hrs or until you can reach in and shredd with a fork or knife. (fix and forget kinda meal for sure)

hubby likes street taco style : corn tortilla, lime, onion, and CALANTRO (most important in my oponion) & sour cream.

I make taco salad style on top of lettuce with extra salsa verda.

shredded pork is also great COLD and can be added to/put on almost anything. rice, bread, tortillas, salad, exc.

Also :

3or4 chicken breasts
    1/2c barbecue sauce
    cook until chicken shreds and put on hamburger buns (toasted) with cheese and pineapple. yummy. :wink:

good luck.