Fat arms?

Options
After losing weight around my waist hips and face,I noticed that my arms have been the same since day one. Maybe at least an inch lost if I measured right.They will not go away! I recently added dumbbells(5 lbs) but not sure if thats enough to lose any fat... Or will the weight just come off?? I would hate to lose weight every where but my arms. Any suggestions on what type of exercises I can do? I've been doing Tae Bo and I've also been doing Valerie Bertinelli's video Losing It and Keeping Fit which requires dumbbells....Any help would be great..

Replies

• thelandofwin
    Options
    I noticed a difference once I started lifting with 10-15 lbs weights. I tried with 5 and 8 lbs on my own, but it's with the personal trainer that I've seen results.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I've noticed significant changes in my arms since I started using resistance bands to work my biceps and triceps.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i'd keep going with the dumbells. work your way up slowly and surely - it's taken forever, but i'm up to doing most arm exercises with either 15 or 20 pound dumbells. also, resistance tubes are great. look up some basic moves to hit all of the muscle groups in your arms and add it into your routine - you'll tone them right up! they won't magically disappear, of course, but as you shed fat, you'll be unveiling your new muscles - lovely! best of luck to you!
  • Balishdear
    Balishdear Posts: 60
    Options
    Back in the days where I could eat a whole pizza to myself and not gain a pound, I never thought twice about my arms. Now, I cant stand the way they look in pictures. Arms I'm sure will be just as stubborn coming off.
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    try restance bands you can go high reps with a variety of exercies. Just keep up high reps with 30 sec. inbetween sets (I would do 3 to 5 sets each arm) good luck reaching your goals
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i'd keep going with the dumbells. work your way up slowly and surely - it's taken forever, but i'm up to doing most arm exercises with either 15 or 20 pound dumbells. also, resistance tubes are great. look up some basic moves to hit all of the muscle groups in your arms and add it into your routine - you'll tone them right up! they won't magically disappear, of course, but as you shed fat, you'll be unveiling your new muscles - lovely! best of luck to you!
    Thnx,that gives me some hope..:)
  • Shae3891
    Shae3891 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    high reps at low weights is key, 5 lbs should be good or even try 2-3 lbs weights if you can. Plank moves are super helpful too, Jillian Michaels has a plank with dumbells routine you should try. I found it on the 'best of JM moves" on exercise TV
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    high reps at low weights is key, 5 lbs should be good or even try 2-3 lbs weights if you can. Plank moves are super helpful too, Jillian Michaels has a plank with dumbells routine you should try. I found it on the 'best of JM moves" on exercise TV
    Great,Ill check that out!!
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    I've noticed significant changes in my arms since I started using resistance bands to work my biceps and triceps.

What they said. :P
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i used to have the same issue ugh my arms always the first thing i noticed in pics and i hated tank tops and spagetti straps. I started doing a weight class and we would used the body bar to do lifts or or regular bench press bar. I would have about 26 pounds in all in weight on the bar and press it. That in combination with lots of push ups 3 times a week and i am starting to love my arms they are about half the size they were. I tried dumb bells but they just didnt do it for me I used to be scared of the weight rooms cause i didnt want to bulk up but honestly our bodies are not made to bulk up so its fine. The free weights and bench press are much better than the machines my personal opinion except for the dip machine its awesome lol
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    i used to have the same issue ugh my arms always the first thing i noticed in pics and i hated tank tops and spagetti straps. I started doing a weight class and we would used the body bar to do lifts or or regular bench press bar. I would have about 26 pounds in all in weight on the bar and press it. That in combination with lots of push ups 3 times a week and i am starting to love my arms they are about half the size they were. I tried dumb bells but they just didnt do it for me I used to be scared of the weight rooms cause i didnt want to bulk up but honestly our bodies are not made to bulk up so its fine. The free weights and bench press are much better than the machines my personal opinion except for the dip machine its awesome lol
    Thnx.i will look into that for sure!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh i had big hams 12in of fat
    But after using arm bands and shred level 2 they got smaller and toned up.
    Secretly i want spagethy arms cuz in pics it makes u look tiny thin, but i like the cut look better.