New to MFP? Join the Diamonds! The Diamonds Challenge: Roun

Options
Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking anyone interested in "buddying up" for a 4 week weight loss challenge. The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. The Diamonds Challenge: Round 3 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise, I will select your partner.

You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of a division--Diamonds in the Rough or DiamondDolls. Further, each division is broken into three color teams. Each week the team that loses the most will get bragging rights and the opportunity to add a digital trophy to their signature. We will also continue to celebrate individual victories.

There are ten members on each team and a total of 60 members in the Diamonds Challenge League.

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Check your division thread regularly
3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
5. Use your team logo in your signature.
6. Submit your weekly loss or gain.

Unfortunately, each round we have to remove a few participants who fail to adhere to these guidelines... don't let that be you!

Please pay attention to the following important dates:

Sunday, June 12th
First day to register for the challenge

Friday, June 17th
Last day to register for the challenge

Friday, June 17th
You MUST weigh in on Friday BEFORE 7 p.m.

Monday, June 20th:
1st day of the challenge! Let's go Diamonds!

So, how do you sign up? There are three easy steps!

1. Reply to this thread with your name AND reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge.

2. Follow this link and complete the registration form:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid=0

3. Carefully read the The Diamonds Challenge rules and FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XJajeMo3vO2P_uT3G2GPrOE0GDXKSzZ70UMAfCe5x6M/edit?hl=en

My Response:

My name is Jamaica, and I am excited about the start of Round 3 of the Diamonds Challenge! This challenge has grown so much in the past fourteen weeks, and I am eager to continue with my wonderful ladies. I hope that you all will enjoy this challenge as much as we do!

Keep Shining!
Jamaica

Replies

• reeology
    reeology Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maureen :) I've never heard of this before (it just popped up on my sidebar) but I have to say this sounds AMAZING! This is just the sort of thing I need. I love competition and teamwork, so I think this could be really motivating and rewarding for me.
  • dervlaland
    dervlaland Posts: 19
    Options
    Defo interested in this
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have been diligently updating and tracking, but with minimal success so far. I know I am in for the long haul, but I need a little added something. I think this could do the trick!
  • sazvampire
    sazvampire Posts: 53
    Options
    This sounds amazing and just what I need, knowing I can help someone and vise versa and I know I will stick to a challenge as I dont want to let others down
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Welcome ladies! We are off to a great start with registration!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Hi ladies, my name is Nikki and I am about to finish round two of Diamonds in the rough. Although I haven't lost much weight lately, the challenges keep me from going completely off the rails, have made good friends too!

Will fill in the registration when I am on the pc (spreedsheets won't load on 'smart' phones!)
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Definitely want to be a part of round 3. I am loving round 2. The challenge is keeping me motivated... plus having an amazing partner is such a bonus! I am being held accountable, holding others accountable, and making great friends along the way!

And my name is Nicki (or Nicole).
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Count me in. I've been good about logging in, but I could use a little extra (good natured) pressure! :tongue:
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    LOVING the feedback ladies! Spots are filling up FAST, so please do not wait. It is very unlikely that there will still be spots on Friday.
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    LOVING the feedback ladies! Spots are filling up FAST, so please do not wait. It is very unlikely that there will still be spots on Friday.

Ladies, every round there are those of you who regretfully miss the opportunity to join this challenge. So, if you are signing up... SIGN UP!
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I really think this is the help I may need! Great idea!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Only FIVE spots left ladies! We have FIFTY FIVE ladies registered!
  • tamolo209
    tamolo209 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Tasia and I would like to join the Challenge if it is not too late. I just joined MyFitnessPal about 4 days ago and I really love it and I was looking for an opportunity to team up and make some MyFitnessPals. This will be a great way to stay motivated.

Best wishes to everyone in the challenge (even if I am too late for Round 3)!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Tasia and I would like to join the Challenge if it is not too late. I just joined MyFitnessPal about 4 days ago and I really love it and I was looking for an opportunity to team up and make some MyFitnessPals. This will be a great way to stay motivated.

Best wishes to everyone in the challenge (even if I am too late for Round 3)!

You're in! Welcome Tasia!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Logan and this challenge sounds EXACTLY like what I need! I have been on MFP for about a week and have 40 pounds to drop. What better way than through friendly competition and team encouragement?! I'm looking to keep losing all the way to my goal!
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This sounds absolutely fantastic! Hope there are spots still left!

Hi, I'm Nic, would like to join the challenge to get myself in gear and reach my goals, support and motivation are crucial in this and I'd love to help someone else on their way to their new body!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options