curious

Options
knelly19
knelly19 Posts: 10 Member
How much should a 20 year old female, 5'4" weigh?

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    There's no one right answer.

According to BMI charts a healthy weight range is 110-145 pounds, approximately.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    103.7 to 154.4 pounds.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Depends on your frame. Google how to calculate body frame, it's not hard :)
  • egemens
    egemens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would recommend to you measure your body fat percentage with a tanita scale and just aim between %15-20(for female). Depends which percent you think looks better.
    I really dont care about weight or BMI. It doesnt tell you how good you will look or how healthy you are. Especially if you workout..
  • knelly19
    Options
    where is a tanita scale?
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Tanita is a brand of hone body weight scales that has a body composition calculator function. It uses bioimpedance ie psases an electrical current through your body and then uses a formula. It is no where near as accurate as a bod pod test but it can give results that show a downwards trend. It is less accurate for women due to water retention during monthly cycles. I have one and love it. I have watched my body fat drop from 30% to 12% with weight loss. It is motivational.

• knelly19
    Options
    Tanita is a brand of hone body weight scales that has a body composition calculator function. It uses bioimpedance ie psases an electrical current through your body and then uses a formula. It is no where near as accurate as a bod pod test but it can give results that show a downwards trend. It is less accurate for women due to water retention during monthly cycles. I have one and love it. I have watched my body fat drop from 30% to 12% with weight loss. It is motivational.

where do you get one?
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Options
    Im in the uk. I bought mine in john lewis. It cost about £50.

• egemens
    egemens Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I had never heard about bod pot test before, so thank you for mentioning it and i checked it out. It looks like very interesting by the way. Did you had one?

• Whitezombiegirl
    Options

No. My local university offers them but they are not cheap. Im not that interested to pay out. I am getting genetic testing though to find out my deepest ancestory back to palaeolithic times- now that, i am interested in!

Im currently about 12% on my scale. Going by online pictures i may actually be about 18%! I know that my body composition (ratio of fat to muscle) hasn't changed as ive been consistently the same fat percentage at the same weights ( up and down)over the last 9 years. Im hoping lifting weights will have an impact.

One thing to note is that food inside you tends to get counted in with muscle - so if you are constipated your body fat will show lower lol!

Also my tanita innerscan scale was in the sports department not the bathroom section in john lewis. I think Argos has them too.