Do you do 30DS 30 days in a row?

Options
pinkita
pinkita Posts: 779 Member
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying 30 Day Shred after seeing many users rave about it here. Is it meant to be done for 30 days in a row, or 30 days total, with a rest day in between (since there are weights involved)?

Thanks!

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I did it 30 days in a row... 10 days on each level... and got amazing results! :)
  • im_victoria_duhh
    Options
    I have that DVD but I don't do it 30 days straight. I like to mix my workouts up because if I don't, I either get bored or hit a plateau. Besides, I think you're suppose to take a rest day in between because it's not wise to strength train every day. I learned that the hard way! If you do decide to do it every day, just alternate the days that you use the weights.
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30DS and I have 1 rest day a week (usually either Saturday or Sunday).
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have seen every possible combination mentioned on here. It seems to be a personal choice based on your goals and fitness level.

My daughter and I are on Level 2 Day 9. We have done it every day. (She is 22 and morbidly obese; I am 44 and a recent ex-smoker March 23, 2011.).

The first 2 days, we were afraid we would die...by the 3rd day, we were wishing we would! Then on day 4, we hit our groove and have been doing great and feeling stronger every day.

She is getting married the end of the month and wants to look smashing in her dress. We will finish the 30 days the day before her wedding, and she is already looking MaH-velous!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It should be done 30 days straight,but as you can see people do it differently. Today will be my 3rd day on level 1...I'll log it in as soon as I get my lazy butt up! lol Try it, you will love it, she really kicks your butt! :bigsmile:
  • pinkita
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Right now I'm on my second week of the Xtreme Timesaver Training with Jackie Warner, which I do every other day, but I'll get 30DS for if/when I get bored with Jackie Warner's.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Right now I'm on my second week of the Xtreme Timesaver Training with Jackie Warner, which I do every other day, but I'll get 30DS for if/when I get bored with Jackie Warner's.
    I love the Jackie Warner workouts! I'm surprised more people on MFP don't do her workouts. Although I am the opposite of u, since I do the Shred and like Jackie's videos for when I am bored. Yay! Glad to find another fan!
  • pinkita
    Options
    Hi ulke,

Yes I'm definitely a fan! I first heard of Jackie Warner by reading Prevention magazine, where they recommended her DVD. I guess a lot of people just don't know about her, whereas Jillian has been famous for years because of The Biggest Loser. But Jackie's still kicking my butt and I love that it's only 30 mins! I dp her DVDs 3-4x a week, and walk on the days in between.