Fitness pal prediction in five weeks

Options
Hi everyone

Random question, has anyone found that the prediction given at the end of the day on fp is accurate ive never stuck to the same amount of cals so i done know. Just wondered if anyone had tried it.

Happy slimming everyone

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Take it with a grain of salt.

I did track it in a spreadsheet for about 3 months out of curiosity. For the most part it was within 2 lbs, but it's entirely dependents on the algorithm numbers (how much you eat).
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've glanced at the prediction but I've not noticed if it's accurate. I'd think it's probably not because there are too many variables.

Off Topic: the puppy in your avatar is adorable. Cavaliers are such sweet dogs.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    You have to take note of the wording. It says...if everyday were like today you would weigh "x". So that means same exact calorie count and exercise burn over the five weeks.

I take it with a grain of salt too, but have it found it to be fairly on target. I like looking at it because it gives me a general idea of a fair goal to reach.
  • toffeebum
    toffeebum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've glanced at the prediction but I've not noticed if it's accurate. I'd think it's probably not because there are too many variables.

Off Topic: the puppy in your avatar is adorable. Cavaliers are such sweet dogs.

Thanks hes 5 now his name is Toffee. Little love he is.
  • toffeebum
    Options
    I might try it and see what happens, thanks. Two lbs is pretty good too. But, definitely a pinch of salt.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I don't see how it could possibly be accurate unless you really did consume almost exactly the same number of calories every day.
  • morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wrote down a couple one being tomarrow prediction of 175 I weigh today 176.4 so I think so mine far it's pretty close but as you get closer to goal probly not so much SW198 CW 176.4 GW 135
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think it's kinda motivating. But I don't take it too seriously. I don't eat the same thing every day and not gonna start that would be too restrictive.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I think I say this in every thread like this.

Mfp should base it on the preceding 7 days or more. One day is never enough to make predictions off.

There seem to be plenty of apps and websites that can create a trend and predict your weight.

Mfp has all the data already.

Premium feature maybe? Feel free to pay me for my ideas.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,994 Member
    Options
    No, it won't be accurate unless you eat exactly the same number of calories every single day.

But it is motivational. :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I stopped compleating my diary daily because the 5 week prediction was so annoyingly wrong.
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I might just write the prediction it give me down and just see if it's close or not in 5 weeks.
  • cgisme2014
    cgisme2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would feel more motivated if it said 'You will reach your target weight on x date!' even if it was inaccurate
  • toffeebum
    Options
    There are some really good points here and i agree with all of them i wrote it down yesterday my weight and my prediction and i am going to try and stick to the same amount of calories each day except for my cheat day where i have a takeaway
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,180 Member
    Options
    It would only be accurate if every day was exactly the same.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    toffeebum wrote: »
    There are some really good points here and i agree with all of them i wrote it down yesterday my weight and my prediction and i am going to try and stick to the same amount of calories each day except for my cheat day where i have a takeaway

Pretty sure it isn't the calories remaining the same but the deficit. So if you exercise heavily on one day, I assume you can eat more and if the deficit is the same it should give the same prediction.
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It would only be accurate if every day was exactly the same.

Including what exercise was done during those 5 weeks. I look at it but know it's got a lot of wiggle room in there.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I make a note of the calories for the day and check it in five weeks. I usually weigh less and have eaten more, so that's pretty cool for me!