Breakfast Ideas Please :-)

Options
Hi all, I need some breakfast ideas. I can not have beans, dairy or processed meats. I pretty much eat paleo turkey bacon and spinach everyday. PLEASE HELP!!

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Eggs and toast, bagel with egg or bacon, cereal with almond milk, fruit, basically anything you like to eat can be eaten for breakfast.
  • ldrag07444
    ldrag07444 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As boring as it sounds, eat plain Oatmeal every day with a little cinnamon. Helps with Cholesterol levels and it is filling.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal with egg whites added. You can go sweet with some honey and fruit or savory with some sausage added.
    Bacon and eggs.
    Sausage or bacon veggie scramble/stir fry, with or without eggs.
    Roast some sweet potatoes or little potatoes as a side.
    Home made Egg McMuffin - English muffin with egg and meat of choice.
  • hannahadrianna
    hannahadrianna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs, with fresh salsa.
    Avocado wrapped bacon, topped with cinnamon.
    Bananas and strawberries, if you're on the go.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Gluten free weetbix with almond milk and banana and 3 healthy quiche and 2 coffees with lactose free milk.....well that's what I just had anyway
  • toadiewinfield
    toadiewinfield Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oats and a high fibre yogurt instead of milk and plain oats not flavoured as they r high in sugar
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Monroe121 wrote: »
    Hi all, I need some breakfast ideas. I can not have beans, dairy or processed meats. I pretty much eat paleo turkey bacon and spinach everyday. PLEASE HELP!!

2 eggs 2 jimmi dean turkey sausage and reduced calorie wheat bread 1 slice 285 calories or 2 pancakes with protein powder mixed in and a drizzle sugar free syrup
  • Eloisa_Martin
    Eloisa_Martin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grr! I have been slacking but I typically do a lot of paleo breakfast I wish I scould type but I can't even see what I'm typungf to share some ideas w you ( I do eat oats, for breafeed ng ) unless I eat out (which I'm trying to fix I eat not clean, at home everything is non processed, no wheat mainly pveggiesand meats
  • summerkissed
    Options
    Gluten free weetbix with almond milk and banana and 3 healthy quiche and 2 coffees with lactose free milk.....well that's what I just had anyway

My quiche is 7 egg whites, 3 whole eggs I mix that and pour into a 12 hole muffin tin.....then the fun part I add whatever I like shredded cooked chicken breast, tomato, mushroom, veggies. Anything that tickles your fancy!
  • arzuash93
    arzuash93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How about egg muffin? Mix with whatever u can eat, and pour them over the muffin tray they look cute too. I eat dairy so I add tomato, feta, spinach, zucchini etc.

A question: isn't turkey bacon processed?
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Good old poached eggs on one piece of toast!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    arzuash93 wrote: »
    How about egg muffin? Mix with whatever u can eat, and pour them over the muffin tray they look cute too. I eat dairy so I add tomato, feta, spinach, zucchini etc.

A question: isn't turkey bacon processed?

Her Paelo turkey bacon is apparently less processed than "regular" turkey bacon.

• Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every single day: 1/6th a cup of Bob's Red Mill high fiber oat bran, microwaved two minutes in plain water (about 3/4 a cup), then I add two heaping tablespoons ground flax seed, stir it in, let it sit about 3 minutes to cool enough, add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (and more water if needed). That's a half serving of oat bran, and a half serving of flax, provides high levels of both soluable and insoluable fiber, has healthy polyunsaturated fat, and provides protein and carbohydrates. It's basically the perfect sedentary lifestyle breakfast, assuming you plan to eat some vegetables/fruit and a protein as a snack later, or for lunch. It's also nice because you can just chug it, so it makes doing breakfast fast and easy - no need to chew anything.

If you plan to be active, I suggest adding a protein (egg, nuts, or meat) and a fruit or fruit juice, or a vegetable/fruit and a glass of almond milk (I really like chopped zucchini and sweet potato pan-fries with an egg scrambled in for breakfast on active days). One could also double the size to a whole serving of the cereals, but I find it difficult to eat that much fiber in one session as it makes me too full feeling.

"Less processed breakfast meats". My favorite is the Al Fresco chicken breakfast sausages: http://www.alfrescoallnatural.com/products/breakfast-fully-cooked-chicken-sausage-links
    I also limit my consumption of processed meats due to migraine syndrome, as the chemicals used as preservatives in most processed meats are trigger foods for me. I've never had a problem with these chicken sausages, though. They are not smoked and have no preservatives or artificial flavorings.
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options

My quiche is 7 egg whites, 3 whole eggs I mix that and pour into a 12 hole muffin tin.....then the fun part I add whatever I like shredded cooked chicken breast, tomato, mushroom, veggies. Anything that tickles your fancy!

That's a great idea, I'm going to do that too. You don't put anything in it as "crust"? I found that I can "fake" a thin "pie crust bottom" by putting a tiny dab of oil (any kind, butter, margarine, olive, etc) in the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle a small amount of fast oats (oatmeal oats) and a dusting of flour before carefully pouring in my filling. I think it would make for a much more satisfying "quiche"! You could even add all the ingredients as a recipe that serves 12 (or however many cups your muffin tin has) and know exactly how many calories where in each portion. This is a really great idea!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Is the restriction on processed meats the nitrites? I often get roasted chicken or turkey breast for hubby.
    Why the restriction on dairy? Is it lactose? You can get lactose free milk or one of the dairy substitutes.
    Eggs have been mentioned.
    Try your oatmeal with peanut butter.
    Toast and....pretty well anything. Try banana and peanut butter. Or tomato and grilled soy cheese. Though I haven't dared try a cheese substitute myself.

Sometimes it is in the presentation.

breakfast_in_a_muffin_cup.jpg
  • Orione2
    Orione2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Some great breakfasts. I eat grilled mushroom and tomato and an egg done in a smear of butter. With porridge made with water a banana chopped on it with fat free youghurt. Every day I eat this I lose weight, when I don't eat breakfast I usually don't lose.
  • summerkissed
    Options
    Phaewryn wrote: »

That's a great idea, I'm going to do that too. You don't put anything in it as "crust"? I found that I can "fake" a thin "pie crust bottom" by putting a tiny dab of oil (any kind, butter, margarine, olive, etc) in the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle a small amount of fast oats (oatmeal oats) and a dusting of flour before carefully pouring in my filling. I think it would make for a much more satisfying "quiche"! You could even add all the ingredients as a recipe that serves 12 (or however many cups your muffin tin has) and know exactly how many calories where in each portion. This is a really great idea!

I do use a non stick spray for my pan but that's all....yes I love that I know the exact measurements of it as well! I never thought of a crust like that! May have to give it a try :smile: the options really are endless there is a beautiful very low fat feta that I use in them sometimes as well that's very yummy, my family love them and generally if I cook up a heap of normal quiches and a heap of my ones.....mine get eaten first lol